Can't boot (or flash) CM Recov

This is a discussion on Can't boot (or flash) CM Recov within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; i recently updated my Gummy Rom from 1.2.0 to x13thAngelx's 1.3.0 with HWA, shortly after I tried flashing the SSK mod for 1.2.0 and when ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't boot (or flash) CM Recov

Can't boot (or flash) CM Recov

i recently updated my Gummy Rom from 1.2.0 to x13thAngelx's 1.3.0 with HWA, shortly after I tried flashing the SSK mod for 1.2.0 and when into bootloop, here are the steps I used to recover, I have preformed these steps multiple times over the last few days.
    1. SBF to stock VRZ Gingerbread
    2. Root
    3. Bootstrap Recovery
    4. Boot Recovery, Format data/cache/Dalvik, Flash Gummy 1.3.0
    5. Flash Gapps 4.0.4 (i think)
    6. Boot phone

Now at this point I can't get into CM Recov again, trying to do the button pressing powerup simply does a regular powerup, and when I try to flash CMRecov with ROM Manager, or Bootstrap recovery with Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap, it will successfully complete, but the phone will freeze up when I try to poweroff or reboot, and trying to boot recovery will cause it to freeze on the Motorola logo indefinitely. I did make a Nandroid prior to flashing the SSK, however restoring this from GB will not restore it, but will flash barebones Gummy, without my data, and when I try to Flash gummy and then restore I get a list of errors saying backup not found etc.

Any idea what my problem is?
    If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Some people are like Slinkies Ö not really good for anything, but you canít help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Do you have ADB set up on your computer at all?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    *slowly works into this thread without begin noticed*

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Immediately after you bootstrap recovery open ROM Manager and choose Update Latest Clockwork. When the device list appears choose Droid X 2nd init. Then reboot recovery from there.

Sent from my Black Iced X

Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    Do you have ADB set up on your computer at all?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    on my old computer, wat do I need it for?

Quote Originally Posted by newmanx4 View Post
    Immediately after you bootstrap recovery open ROM Manager and choose Update Latest Clockwork. When the device list appears choose Droid X 2nd init. Then reboot recovery from there.

Sent from my Black Iced X
    I have the latest ROM Manager, the new one, (1-2 days old) picks your CM version for you, I did flash the 2nd init., still nothing

Some people are like Slinkies Ö not really good for anything, but you canít help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Are you just trying to restore your nandroid at this point or still trying to get 1.3 to work?

DroidX.xparent.green
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Quote Originally Posted by jeems View Post
    Are you just trying to restore your nandroid at this point or still trying to get 1.3 to work?

DroidX.xparent.green
    1.3 is working, I'm trying to restore my nandroid, (which is 1.3) if possible I'd like to find a working SlimSoftKey mod for 1.3. However my number one goal right now is to boot clockworkmod recovery, which my phone refuses to do.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 712
    Overall activity: 62.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    this issue could be done by using bootstrap... bootstrap is a great app... you just can't use it on 2nd init roms like ics gummy.. it usually breaks the init process... i'm surprised it can actually boot up to be honest... but that could be your issue...

and if you got adb setup on your computer... you can also try "adb reboot recovery" as that has gotten me into cwm a couple times when i was bootlooping...

but i think your best bet to actually get it working... sbf and reflash...
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo aeternamn View Post
    this issue could be done by using bootstrap... bootstrap is a great app... you just can't use it on 2nd init roms like ics gummy.. it usually breaks the init process... i'm surprised it can actually boot up to be honest... but that could be your issue...

and if you got adb setup on your computer... you can also try "adb reboot recovery" as that has gotten me into cwm a couple times when i was bootlooping...

but i think your best bet to actually get it working... sbf and reflash...
    I'v sbf'ed and reflashed over 5 times in the past 4 days, (I basically haven't had a phone for the past week). It's the same problem every time. I do know that the 1st time I flashed the regular CM, not the 2nd init, however the last time I reflashed and downloaded ROM Manager koush had just released a new version, which automatically checked my phone and gave me only the 2nd init as an option, I'm a little fuzzy on the details - cuz in that sitting I sbf'ed and flashed like 3 times in a row, trying different things - but I believe that I could have tried bootstrapping too. So basically probably the only time I flashed the 2nd init, I made the mistake bootstrapping at the same time.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    ok, so forgive me but I would like to clarify some things.

1. you can sbf/root and access CWM from stock?
    2. you install gummy 1.3 and then can't access CWM?
    3. all you are trying to attempt is to restore your nandroid?
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads