"Slot Machine" Droid X Issue

This is a discussion on "Slot Machine" Droid X Issue within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've had my Droid X for just over a year (just after the warranty was up). I got it from Verizon, Certified Refurbished, 30$ after ...

Thread: "Slot Machine" Droid X Issue

"Slot Machine" Scrolling Display Droid X Issue

I've had my Droid X for just over a year (just after the warranty was up). I got it from Verizon, Certified Refurbished, 30$ after reupping my contract and using my upgrade. This started happening on monday morning 3/7/12.

I've searched for this, but most of the search terms I used brought up the flicker problems that occurred when the device was first released. This happens on all screens. At one point yesterday when I opened the keyboard the display would stop. It would shake vertically up and down, but it was close enough where i could text.

It looks like the top bar is staying in place. Anyway, i can navigate through the different screens, so it seems like the touch controls are in the same place. I suspect that either the software or hardware that governs the video is not syncing with the touch part.

This also happens on the bootloader screen.I should have got more video but i was at work. So basically you will have to imagine all the app icons/open apps scrolling downward in the same fashion.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before and if they can pinpoint whats going on, and .... hardware/software/not worth it
    Last edited by Brian_Mac; 03-07-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: formatting

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 9.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    had the same trouble and all i did was reflash .. something to do with the software. and it fixed it

Droid Does
    And always will !!!
    Live life as if it was your last day and Enjoy.
    BACK ON MIUI
    LOVIN IT

Hmm the first time i tried flashing it with RSD_lite. It failed, I think due to driver issues, and I got something saying Code Corrupt. Next i tried the linux disk approach and that gave me and error that started with MEM_MAP Blank. I tried running the linux flash a few more times and it flip-flopped btw those two error messages.

Then I tried flashing back in windows and it went through the entire process and the result was pass. I used the 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US file to flash it.

Now it's still scrolling and still has all my apps on it. Did I miss something?

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 9.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Mac View Post
    Hmm the first time i tried flashing it with RSD_lite. It failed, I think due to driver issues, and I got something saying Code Corrupt. Next i tried the linux disk approach and that gave me and error that started with MEM_MAP Blank. I tried running the linux flash a few more times and it flip-flopped btw those two error messages.

Then I tried flashing back in windows and it went through the entire process and the result was pass. I used the 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US file to flash it.

Now it's still scrolling and still has all my apps on it. Did I miss something?
    Try reflashing your ROM after factory reset ... That might work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid Does
    And always will !!!
    Live life as if it was your last day and Enjoy.
    BACK ON MIUI
    LOVIN IT

Eh i finally got it factory reset and tried flashing a few different times with different files. The only one that works is the last one on this page https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files

I
    f I try any other files it goes to the mem_map error.

Maybe ill try a different linux disc tomorrow.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Mac View Post
    Eh i finally got it factory reset and tried flashing a few different times with different files. The only one that works is the last one on this page https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files

I
    f I try any other files it goes to the mem_map error.

Maybe ill try a different linux disc tomorrow.
    The reason for the errors you get when flashing the SBF files is because your phone is on version .621. Once on that version, you cannot flash any SBF file but the .621 SBF, (the last file on that page)
    Not sure about your problem, if you successfully flashed the 621 SBF and did a factory reset, and still have the scrolling issue, it may be hardware related.

Yeah, no luck with anything else i tried... still scrolling. I might try taking it apart, but until then I'm connecting up a blackberry from work. I have the money to buy something but after some research I saw there are two more phones coming out at the end of this month and early next month. I think I'll wait until then to buy something.

For the fun of it I'll take this Droid X apart and see if i can find any physical damage. Thank you for your help.

X Informant
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you find any physical damage? Is your X still doing the scrolling?

Remove Ads

Ads