Fubar'd Droid X

This is a discussion on Fubar'd Droid X within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; My brother was running LIberty Rom on his Droix X. He started to flash it back to 340 and his battery died. I have tried ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fubar'd Droid X

Fubar'd Droid X

My brother was running LIberty Rom on his Droix X. He started to flash it back to 340 and his battery died. I have tried flashing the 604 as well as the 340 and 340 Sys only. The problem is the phone just boot loops.

The main problem I am having is when I battery pull and hold home+power, hold home+power and release power either one I do not get a recovery screen. I assume when he started the sbf it deleted CWM and didn;t install factory recovery. I have tried every key combination to get into recovery but instead of the Triangle and android it just sits on the M logo or goes into the startup boot loop. I can access the bootloader but that is it. Is there a SBF of the recovery partition around anywhere? I checked with him and when he tried SBFing back to stock he said all the buttons were working. I also did the SBF's from linux and the mdm's matched so it isnt corruped firmware.... I just can;t get into the recovery partition.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Maybe I missed something, but if you can get into the bootloader, why don't you just do a full SBF?

I have done a full SBF. But since I cannot access recovery to wipe it just boot loops the android splash over and over. I have sbf'd to 340, 340 system, and 602. It seems the install is coming through completely but it is looping since I cant erase the data from the liberty install he had on it.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Ooh! Ok, so after the SBF, keep holding both power and home until you get to recovery, don't release the power key.

Are you pushing the search key, or both volume keys at the same time when you get to the triangle/android/exclamation screen? If SBFing to 340, use the search key and select with the camera key OR if SBFing to 602, push both volume keys at the same time an select with the power key

Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    Ooh! Ok, so after the SBF, you're booting into recovery by holding power and home, and it gets there successfully? But you can't get into recovery?

Are you pushing the search key, or both volume keys at the same time when you get to the triangle/android/exclamation screen? If SBFing to 340, use the search key and select with the camera key OR if SBFing to 602, push both volume keys at the same time an select with the power key
    From a powered off state I am holding Home+power but it just boots the OS, no recovery no triangle. I tried holding both home+power and Home+power and releasing power at the motorolla splash but it will just boot into the OS and boot loop. The home button worked when he tried to sbf from liberty. It will just not give me any recovery at all.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Sorry, I edited my post after I read through the OP a little more closely. Football is distracting me hah

Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    Sorry, I edited my post after I read through the OP a little more closely. Football is distracting me hah
    No problem. Im wondering if it is possible to push a Recovery partition to the phone. That'sthe only reason I can think of why it would not accept the key commands.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylivz View Post
    No problem. Im wondering if it is possible to push a Recovery partition to the phone. That'sthe only reason I can think of why it would not accept the key commands.
    Nope unfortunately with our phone having a locked bootloader you cannot do this .

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

So it is officially Bricked.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    How did you charge the battery after it died?

It shouldn't be bricked unless there its a hardware issue

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads