Droid X screen will not turn on

This is a discussion on Droid X screen will not turn on within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Quick description of events. My phone is about 1 year old, unrooted running gingerbread (I think.) It must have been at a low charge. Phone ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Droid X screen will not turn on

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droid X screen will not turn on

Quick description of events. My phone is about 1 year old, unrooted running gingerbread (I think.) It must have been at a low charge. Phone was on the dresser. Left for a few minutes, came back and the phone was going nuts. It kept trying to activate the voice commands ("please say a command"...) repeatedly. I hit back a few times and tried to turn off the phone but it kept trying to activate the voice commands. I ended up pulling the battery and plugging it back into the wall to charge (didn't really have time to examine it right then). Later on in the day (phone now charged to ~30%. I know cause the screen was on with the charging level but the phone was off). Grabbed my phone and went to work. When I went to turn my phone on, the screen would not come on at all (no backlight, no M logo, nothing on screen). Vibration still works and the screen is responsive to touch. Since then, the battery has drained completely. I've plugged the phone in and let it charge to no avail. Took it to verizon and they were pretty useless: buy a new phone/can't do anything.

Anyone have any suggestions for things to try. I get the sense that this is a software issue since I had a major crash and then this (at least that's what I'm hoping). Anyone delt with anything like this before.

Is it possible to factory reset w/o my screen coming on? Would this help?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    If it's still working... Yes you can try a factory reset...
    Pull the battery... Leave it out for a few seconds... Put it back in... Press and gloss home and power... For about ten seconds... Then press both volume buttons... Then press volume down twice... And let it sit for... A good five minutes... Just to be safe... Them pull the battery and reboot...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Post Script:

We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\

Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

me too

my phone it doing the same thing. what did you end up having to do?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I didn't end up doing anything yet. I was able to put it off for now since i Had a blackberry bold sitting around. I also have a micro hdmi cable + the program to output the screen. That worked to output the screen to the TV. (luckily I had the app on my home screen already). I'm thinking that I may try to replace the screen. You can buy replacements for like 50bucks. Not sure if anyone here has done that and had success. I've got no insurance or warrant on it right now so it's either that or I'm basically SOL (I didn't try the factory reset yet because I still have data I want to grab off the internal and didn't want to lose the limited screen functionality I DO have).

+ Reply to Thread

Ads