Rooted X 2.3.9 Android 2.2 (one click root) - Questions on Gingerbread

This is a discussion on Rooted X 2.3.9 Android 2.2 (one click root) - Questions on Gingerbread within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; So I'm currently rooted using the "one click root" method from a while back and it worked great. Root access with no issues from any ...

Thread: Rooted X 2.3.9 Android 2.2 (one click root) - Questions on Gingerbread

Rooted X 2.3.9 Android 2.2 (one click root) - Questions on Gingerbread

So I'm currently rooted using the "one click root" method from a while back and it worked great. Root access with no issues from any apps. Since then I've renamed bloatware to .bak instead of .apk to remove them from start up. There was also a file I modified in text editor to change God knows what settings, to speed different things up. Well I have the backup file somewhere, and don't remember what apps I renamed nor do I really care to look. To be honest I'm looking at getting the Droid bionic soon but I've been having a few daily use issues with my X and want to know a few things before I attempt to wipe and reload:

1) Is Gingerbread legit enough to bother installing?
    2) Does it have a stable rooting process?
    3) Is using the SBF for Gingerbread overwrite entire OS to bring back all the old bloatware programs? (i'm ok with it if it does)
    4) What happens to all my saved game data from say: 9 innings baseball? Logged tons of hours on it and don't want to lose progress.

My main goal is to completely wipe and get Gingerbread and re-root with all saved game data reloaded if gingerbread is solid without tons of lag.

Thanks for all the help!

Mike

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    1. I felt Gingerbread was a good improvement over Froyo.

2. The only way to have root on Gingerbread is installing parts 1 and 2, or the recent update through the TBH app through Froyo.

3. SBF will return your phone to how it was out of the box, meaning all removed bloat will be returned and anything you've done to it erased.

4. You'll lose data when you SBF, but using an app like Titanium Backup to backup all apps and data will allow to restore them once you get to Gingerbread.

From the looks of things, the only way you'll get rooted Gingerbread is from SBFing and installing the prerooted version.

I have titanium backup and backed up all the programs I need but where does it store it? Will that folder get wiped in the process?

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    It backs them up onto the SD card, neither SBFing nor a factory reset touches the SD. Once you get to Gingebread, just redownload Titanium and you'll be able to restore.

So to get to rooted Gingerbread:
    SBF to stock Froyo
    Root Froyo
    Flash .596 rooted leaked gingerbread?

Remove Ads

Ads