Droid X won't sync calendar to computer

This is a discussion on Droid X won't sync calendar to computer within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I know others have had issues with syncing their calendars and I've tried several fixes but I'm still having problems. Calendar items that I enter ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Droid X won't sync calendar to computer

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droid X won't sync calendar to computer

I know others have had issues with syncing their calendars and I've tried several fixes but I'm still having problems. Calendar items that I enter on the computer will sync to the phone, but if I enter things on the phone, they don't sync to the computer.

Other than do a hard reset ( which the Verizon store recommended) can this problem be fixed? And if so, how!?!

Thanks

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem. Did you get a resolution other than to do a hard reset?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    When you add an event is your Google account selected in the calendar section ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Calendar won't sync

Quote Originally Posted by cory46 View Post
    When you add an event is your Google account selected in the calendar section ?
    When I look to see which calendar it shows "phone calendar" along with my other shown calendars. But, it won't allow me to sync it for some reason.

Jeff

Technician X
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    You need to choose your gmail account calendar (or exchange if you're using that instead) when you enter the event. There doesn't appear to be a way to change the calendar selection after you enter an item.

It will sync automatically.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The problem, I think is in the calendar itself. While in the calendar, hit the menu you should have "Go to Date" "Calendars" and "Settings". If you go into calendars and I look at my phone calendar the display is "not synced, Visible" with just the eye icon hilighted. I cannot turn on the sync. The gmail is synced, visible.

Any ideas on how to get the Sync button to work?

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I use google calendar(s) as well. The phone calendar does not sync. There isn't anything wrong. All your other calendars will sync but the phone calendar is stand alone.

You can only create your google calendars on your computer. Then you should fairly instantly see them on your phone. So if you are creating events on your phone within your google calendar app that you wish to see on your computer choose another google calendar (like " work "or " school "). It will work fine this way. I have about five or six different google calendars. I use my phone calendar for one time only, non important events which I have no need to be stored or to sync with google.

Make sure in your phone settings for your accounts , that under gmail your google calendar is checked.

Edit: have you created different calendars on your computer and do you see them on your phone? Inside the google calendar app you can choose any calendar for a particular event. It's a great feature.

sent from my non-rooted dx
    Last edited by holly; 08-09-2011 at 09:57 PM.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, I missed the phone calendar thing. However, I have my gmail set to calendar sync and I still can't get the phone to update to my computer. When I put something in the phone, my sync symbol runs and my 3G turns on, but it never makes it to the computer. It is driving me nuts. It's only been happening since I updated my phone.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    When you open your google calendar app on your phone how many calendars do you show? In other words how many calendars have you created on the web, ie. in your gmail account? If you haven't created any calendars on your gmail account you will only see " phone calendar " in your app. The phone calendar will not sync to your gmail account by design. You must create different calendars in gmail. These will all sync with your device and any events you add to the phone within THESE calendars will sync with google. Sorry for repeating myself but I'm not sure if I'm properly addressing the issue you're having. Gave it my best shot.

sent from my non-rooted dx

Technician X
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    When you open your google calendar app on your phone how many calendars do you show? In other words how many calendars have you created on the web, ie. in your gmail account? If you haven't created any calendars on your gmail account you will only see " phone calendar " in your app.
    Not true. When you go to make a new calendar entry, tap the calendar box at the top. You should have Phone and your gmail account as two options, and any additional accounts you have added as well. Just choose the one got your gmail account. Then save the entry. Again, you have to do this when first making the entry as you can't change it after the fact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads