No problem, hope it goes successfully. I gotta move a few things so I may not respond quickly but I'll check up, Cory hopefully will be around to provide quick responses.
on the move..
This is a discussion on Clockworkmod recovery freezes while trying to restore within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; No problem, hope it goes successfully. I gotta move a few things so I may not respond quickly but I'll check up, Cory hopefully will ...
Update: That deodexed file you linked me to is the same black hat version of GB that I've been using to flash my phone. Needless to say, the results are the same. It hangs upon dalvik-cache. Is there anyway to use my pc to access the backup and remove the dalvik-cache all together? If it's gone will the backup fail or will it just move passed that file and finish? It's beginning to look more and more like my backup is corrupt (hard to believe since it finished without errors yesterday, so it's not old and it didn't error). Are there any more ideas that I could try before I'm forced to sbf my phone? I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. Would sbf-ing my phone help the restore work? If I sbf-ed to froyo, flashed the GB rom, then tried to restore?
I think your backup is corrupt which happens even on downloads that seem to go without error, so it's pretty much useless at this point. It looks to me like your only option now is SBF. Are you restoring the backup advanced whole when it freezes or just advanced restoring parts?
One more question, are you using DX or D2 bootstrap?
on the move..
Pop, I came to the same conclusion you did. I just ended up getting Liberty GB v6, installing it fresh, and having to sync up all my contacts, etc. It didn't take me long to get my most important apps up and running/configured (wireless tether, pdanet, rootexplorer, etc). It must be the nerd in me, but I'm kind of sad to see all my 3stars gone on all 3 versions of Angry Brids =P
It froze anytime it tried to backup the data (whole or piece by piece). When I did an advanced restore and restored the boot, system, etc those all finished fine.
I am using D2 bootstrap. I read that DX boot strap didn't work on GB (but it was working for me just fine) so I swapped out to D2.
Thank you so much for your help today, it's just kind of too bad it was all for not.