Only response I get out of my DX is the green light when I plug it in....

This is a discussion on Only response I get out of my DX is the green light when I plug it in.... within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I was watching netflix on my DX feel asleep...woke up to a dead phone that wouldn't turn on...tried a fresh battery nothing...battery pull no luck...can't ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Only response I get out of my DX is the green light when I plug it in....

X Lurker
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Only response I get out of my DX is the green light when I plug it in....

I was watching netflix on my DX feel asleep...woke up to a dead phone that wouldn't turn on...tried a fresh battery nothing...battery pull no luck...can't get into recovery or bootloader mode...the only response is to plug it into the wall charger and get a flash green light in the top left corner...then pull the battery and unplug and it flashes again but won't turn on....

Need help....ideas please

DX all over your face...

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 12.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Try to let that one charge for about 30 minutes and see if it comes on...if the green light is on, it's likely just too low to boot up.

If that one doesn't charge after a while, try to charge the other battery.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It just over heats when I keep it plugged in...I have a separate wall charger for battires...a fully charged one and wall plug still can't get it to turn on...

DX all over your face...

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Come on people need your help...

DX all over your face...

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 12.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    What exactly do you mean by it overheats when you leave it plugged into the wall charger? How can you tell that it overheats?

If it won't boot at all, there's not a lot that we can do...either try to charge to get it to boot, or if it's a hardware issue, you'll have to take it to Verizon. We can't really do anything for a hardware issue like that, if that's what it is...

I'm thinking the battery charger might not be functioning...I'd try the wall charger

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can tell its over heating cause my phone gets scolding hot...its nut the charger working great in new X...just wanted to save the old one...its so frustrating cause I can't even sbf...

DX all over your face...

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Pull the battery, plug the phone in to the charger. Let it sit for a minute. Unplug, put the battery in, plug the charger back in.

Droid X's will sometimes give you nothing but a green light if you run the battery completely dry.

If that doesn't work, then give it a bit of a trickle charge to get it jumpstarted. Find an old USB cable and cut off the end that plugs into a device (NOT the end that plugs into your computer USB port). You'll find 4 wires inside, but you just need the black and red ones. Strip those and tape the black to the "-" part of the battery and the red to the "+" part (making sure that the wires themselves don't touch). Make sure that the wires are making contact with the gold pins on the battery and plug it into your computer. There's no way to verify if it's charging, or how much it's charging, so leave it there for about 10 minutes, then UNPLUG FROM THE COMPUTER (so there's no power to cross) and then pull the wires off the battery. Put it in your phone and see if you can get it to power up.
    (this might sound daunting, but I've done it countless times, and it's really not that hard. Besides, it's a whole lot easier than taking it into verizon and letting them troubleshoot it!)

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rawtashk View Post
    Pull the battery, plug the phone in to the charger. Let it sit for a minute. Unplug, put the battery in, plug the charger back in.

Droid X's will sometimes give you nothing but a green light if you run the battery completely dry.

If that doesn't work, then give it a bit of a trickle charge to get it jumpstarted. Find an old USB cable and cut off the end that plugs into a device (NOT the end that plugs into your computer USB port). You'll find 4 wires inside, but you just need the black and red ones. Strip those and tape the black to the "-" part of the battery and the red to the "+" part (making sure that the wires themselves don't touch). Make sure that the wires are making contact with the gold pins on the battery and plug it into your computer. There's no way to verify if it's charging, or how much it's charging, so leave it there for about 10 minutes, then UNPLUG FROM THE COMPUTER (so there's no power to cross) and then pull the wires off the battery. Put it in your phone and see if you can get it to power up.
    (this might sound daunting, but I've done it countless times, and it's really not that hard. Besides, it's a whole lot easier than taking it into verizon and letting them troubleshoot it!)
    But I have fully charged batteries already...I have extras and a wall charger just fit battires...I wonder if I could jump my actual X with this process?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

It happened twice to me. From my observations, I believe that when the battery is depleted, the phone does not have time to shut down properly and this interferes when trying to recharge later. I have another battery fully charged, so what I do is remove the depleted battery and remove the SD-card, then insert the charged battery. I power off the phone and then I put back the depleted battery. This time the phone is able to start recharging the battery.
    Last edited by jmborr; 07-11-2011 at 12:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads