Can't make calls or get online every few days

This is a discussion on Can't make calls or get online every few days within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Ever 2 to 3 days, my phone will get at a state where I can not place calls or get online with any application. The ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't make calls or get online every few days

Can't make calls or get online every few days

Ever 2 to 3 days, my phone will get at a state where I can not place calls or get online with any application. The only way I found that fixes the phone is to reboot the phone. I have tried putting the phone into airplane mode and that does work. I have waited for over 30 minutes before rebooting and that has not helped. Drove to a spot where I normally have full 3G coverage also not helping. Not sure what I need to do to fix this. I am running 2.3.3. Any help would be great.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Unfortunately, I don't have any answers. I am having the same intermittent issue with my Droid X since it was upgraded to 2.3.3 by Verizon. I can receive calls but the 3G icon will never appear when the phone is in this state. I noticed that the mobile data state is "Connecting" in the Quick Settings Application. I checked a co workers droid x (verizon same android version) and the mobile data connection should say "disconnected" in order to make outgoing phone calls (He is having the same issue too, he just recently rebooted).

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same issue and it is very annoying. I am calling support now, will update later.

X Informant
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Im not sure of this will help but when you can make a call dial *228 and press 2 when prompted. This will update your antenna.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My wife and I are both having the same issue. Every few days, the phone "thinks" it lost the data connection. When you try to make a call, it just says "Call ended 0:00." When you try to send a text, it won't go through. When you open an app that needs data (and if you are not on wifi), you get whatever error message for that app saying it can't connect to data.

I have tried using the data toggle to reconnect... no luck. I have tried going into and then out of airplane mode to reconnect... no luck. The only way to reconnect is to turn off the phone and then restart. So, about every third day, if I want to make a phone call, I have to wait over a minute, just to get to the point where I can dial. LAME!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I my Droid X! Why did I ever waste time on Blackberry?

Current phone: Droid X

Android version: 2.3.3
    System: 4.5.596.MB810.Verizon.en.US
    Trashed: Blackberry Curve 8330

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have to share my experience going to the Verizon Store to try to solve this problem.

Verizon Store's solution... We have that problem too!

I went in to the Verizon store to ask about the problem. I walked up to an associate and she had her Droid X sitting in front of her. Here is how the conversation went (according to my memory)...

Me: Hi. I see you have a Droid X. I am having issues with the data connection on mine (holding it up). My wife is having the same issue on hers. Every few days, the phone just loses its data connection. When I try to make a call, it just says "Call ended 0:00" and none of the other programs can connect.

Female Associate: (really happy) Hey, I have that problem, too!

Me: Great, so you know how annoying it is. I have tried using the data toggle to reconnect and I have tried going into and then out of airplane mode to reconnect, but they don't work.

Associate: Yeah, it sucks, huh?

Me: Yeah. It really sucks that the only way to make a phone call is to turn off the phone and then restart. So, how do we solve it?

Associate: We can't as far as I know. It is a software issue.

Me: (somewhat startled) Yeah, it started after we updated to 2.3.3. Isn't there a patch we can load or something?

Associate: Not that I know of, but let me do some looking.

(At this point, she opened her browser on her computer and went to www.droidxforums.com to look for the solution. I kid you not! I was blown away.)

Me: (trying really hard not to sound sarcastic, but I swear I wasn't.) Yeah, I have been on that forum. Is that how you solve problems?

Associate: Yeah, when we can't find the problem.

Me: Well, is it okay if I go next door to do some shopping while you look that up?

Associate: Sure.

(I cam back about 10 minutes later.)

Me: Any luck?

Associate: Nope, it is a problem with Google's Android update and we don't have a solution.

Thank you to the geniuses over there at Verizon!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I my Droid X! Why did I ever waste time on Blackberry?

Current phone: Droid X

Android version: 2.3.3
    System: 4.5.596.MB810.Verizon.en.US
    Trashed: Blackberry Curve 8330

I have the same problem with my phone. If i leave it on all night in the morning i can't make phone calls and no data. i have to turn it off. It will then work all day. Don't you just love it.
    So far there has not been an emergency where i didn't have time to re boot. Battery life sure is better

X Lurker
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was running the OTA 4.5.596 and I as well had this issue(annoyed the #$%! outta me.) I have since SBFed around to the rooted 596 and I have not seen the issue come back.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you SBF’ed to Froyo and went back up to 596 OTA the issue would be fixed. I blame a lot of the weird stuff that happens on random phones on bad installations. Anyone know if the reset actually re-installs the rom?

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boog View Post
    I am having the same issue and it is very annoying. I am calling support now, will update later.

Sorry about the late update. I called support and after calling them back the second time they ended up doing a complete reset of my phone. The reset corrected the problem, but you will lose all your apps with reset. Its been about 2 weeks since reset and no problems.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads