Texts are stored after they are deleted from txting app AND contact history???!!!
As far as I know there are only two places to see your text message history. One is in your text message app where you can see the text messaging threads and two, is in your contacts menu where you can see a history of the text messages you have sent each person. So when I delete a message from my txt messaging app I also have to delete it from the contact history as both of them do not get updated together if you delete it from just one of the locations.
So my question is: The other day my friend got my phone and was able to pull up all my text history with ppl I had previously deleted individual texts from. However, she must have pulled the information from a different place I am not aware of, since when I checked the text history in the contact menu these texts were not there prior or after she did this. So I want to know how she is accessing this information and how I can do it as well?
But here is what I find confusing...
1. She could not have downloaded an app onto my phone without me knowing, like SMS backup, because when I view my downloaded apps in the settings menu I do not see any apps I have not downloaded myself.
2. I have the Handcent app on my phone, however, I did not open an account so as far as I know my sms and mms cannot be logged without me creating and paying for an account. Please correct me if I am wrong and there is another way.
3. Perhaps there is a way my txts got cached if I view the text messaging application under my settings menu? But if this is the case, how can I access and see what has been cached?
4. My Droid X came with a standard app called 'Files'. I notice this app stores a lot of what is cached from all the different apps I have. In addition, I notice it saves any pics I receive from my text messages. But what I DON'T see are any of my text messages! Is it possible it saves my text history as well, but I just don't know how to access it?
5. I have heard about apps you can download that are hidden from the menu. If this is a possibility, how would I be able to find an app that is hidden from my view?
6. Lastly, when my friend retrieved my text messages I noticed the texts looked different. The font was in white against a black background. It looked like raw data kind of the way it looks in the text history under the contacts menu. But I noticed at the top of the screen as a header/title was the word "files". Like the text history was retrieved from "files" off of my phone somewhere.
Any help with this would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks!
06-09-2011 03:16 PM
Droid X Forums