Why we dont take money or get paid: THIS IS WHO WE ARE

This is a discussion on Why we dont take money or get paid: THIS IS WHO WE ARE within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've said it before and I'll say it again.This place is one of the nicest forums I've ever been a part of!!! My DX was ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Why we dont take money or get paid: THIS IS WHO WE ARE

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 8.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.This place is one of the nicest forums I've ever been a part of!!! My DX was my first smart phone and I knew nothing of Android when I got it other then it was very cool when I played with my buddies Dinc. I found this place with in days of getting my DX and can't believe how much I've learned here. But what really blows me away are the Mods and the RS crew. I don't care how many time the same "basic" question has been asked it never fails to blow me away at how kind and helpful these people are.

Needless to say I knew of root but had no idea how to do it. After a few days here I knew how to do it, the long way with ADB no less, and took the plunge. As they say there is no looking back now. I still prefer to use ADB now just because I find the command line fun. Yeah I know I'm sick. Along the way I've managed to help a few now and then and I know the feeling of "it feels good" from helping people when I see someone I've helped return the favor and help someone else with something I helped them learn or fix. It's all because of like I said at the start, the people here are just the nicest people!!!

So to all of the fine people who are part of this great place, take a bow, you've earned it. If you ever get in my neck of the woods I'll buy the first cold one.

fasthair

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    Well said PC!!

Agent X
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    The Dx is the first smart phone I have ever owned I honestly came from a LG flip phone. I am NOT a tech smart person .... I can't even get my computer to work the way I want. Only with the help of all the great people hear at DXF would I have been able to do what have done with my Dx. Not only that but because everyone is so nice here they make it fun. So in short...........

THANK YOU DXF!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App
    Sent from Mopar-x

Technician X
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I got my DX in November and never knew what root was or anything I got the forum app in January read read and read and ask questions, and then I rooted and rommed and everything else that comes with it. And cause of the awesome people here sharing there info,, I practically know everything to know about the X and root and mods. In that short period of time cause people here,, I'm no longer a newbie at this anymore. Thanks to all the cool people here,,y'all rule.

My X has been orangesliced!!

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    That's awesome. I remember when i had my Eris I wanted to root, but didn't I was afraid. I knew when I got my x and first signed on to the forum and read, and read, and read some more.. I wanted to root (thanks to z4 making it simple). Went to the mall with my wife and about 20 minutes before we were leaving, I tried Apex. I messed up along the way and couldn't get my phone to boot. I had to leave and go with her only to mess with it the whole time. I was bummed.e rev been asked the vz guy if my phone got run over, did my company have insurance. They didn't. Really bummed then. Came home, got on the forum and you awesome folks directed me to rsd lite and sbf. Man, I have learned so much in just a few months time. Constantly tweeking and modding in now, only because of the great folks here. All I can say and it's mere words, is thank you. My phone is my hobby, as goofy as it sounds, I love to mess with it. Thanks, thanks, and thanks again! Debian,Wug,kds1,rooler and wicked and so so many more have been so instrumental in me learning. And of course kejar,jrummy and fab, awesome job.

Liberty 1.5
    Watermarkd
    Just how I like it... today.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    Nicely said PC and though I don't officially wear the badge anymore I help out as needed on all forums I'm on.

I remember the belittling and such when I asked questions on other forums, a shame really after all we're all in the same boat whether you got your phone in the dark ages when everything was manual, or now when everything is so much easier.

Advocate X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 31.6%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Major props. I try to uphold those standards to a certain degree but I know for sure I am guilty of not always doing so. I certainly try and help as much as I can and even though I don't wear the badge, In the future, I will try and keep your words in the back of mind. That post made me feel guilty, because it reminded me of all the times I didn't adhere to those principles.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Easy method for SBF'ing your phone back to stock
    + SBFboot - the easy way to sbf
    Best ways to improve your phones overall performance:
    + How To Optimize Battery Life & Speed
    Wireless tethering on GB simplified
    + WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]
    Other helpful resources:
    + Deodexing Explained + How To
    + [One Stop] Rom Goodies, Extras, Mods & More

..:: Follow me on Twitter and Google+::..

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    Well said PC!
    Where my time is spent away from the office!

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 10.5%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What a beautifully written and poignant post!

Wugfresh: You clearly don't give yourself enough credit. I'm still very green to the X, so I read your posts with great enthusiasm. Personally, I prefer people that "shoot from the hip." Thanks to you and all the contributors here, this really is a great user community.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well said.

I like to think of it as "Pay it forward."
    OSDroid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads