Fix for "Download Unsuccessful" or many other download issues.

This is a discussion on Fix for "Download Unsuccessful" or many other download issues. within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Has all downloads stopped working for you? Or has only downloads from one area stopped working? IE: Market, Browser, Aptoide, Apktor, etc. Well this happened ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix for "Download Unsuccessful" or many other download issues.

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Fix for "Download Unsuccessful" or many other download issues.

Has all downloads stopped working for you? Or has only downloads from one area stopped working? IE: Market, Browser, Aptoide, Apktor, etc. Well this happened to me last night and after much searching I never found anyone with the answer. Hopefully this post can help some people out.

First off, here is what I am running:

Phone:

Droid X - Rooted - Rubix Focused 1.0 - Incognito Red Blurless 3.1

Symptoms:
    Downloads fail from different areas. Either browser, market, other places or all of them.

• Downloads from the market will say, "Download started", but the progress bar will never move.
    • Downloads from the browser will say, "Download Unsuccessful", after only a split second.
    • Downloads from Apktor or the like will say, "Could not connect to the server!".

The problem:
    For some reason, you do not have permissions to write to your specified download folder.

The fix:

1. Run Root Explorer (Or acquire it if you have not yet).
    2. Browse to the specified download folder. For the browser this is usually the "Downloads" folder on your SDCard. For Apktor-Aptoide it is usually the ".Aptoide" folder on your SDCard. For the market, there is a different fix.
    3. Once you have found your folder, tap and hold on it until the pop up menu comes up. Scroll down and tap on "Permissions".
    4. You'll probably find that the "User" account does not have write permissions (Maybe not read or execute either).
    5. Simply tap on and give the user read,write, and execute permissions to that folder.
    6. Exit and enjoy.

FOR MARKET DOWNLOAD ISSUES:

1. Go into settings/Applications/Manage Applications
    2. Scroll down and select "Browser".
    3. Tap on, "Clear data".
    4. Tap on, "Clear cache". (Pretty sure its just data that you need. But might as well!)
    5. Exit and enjoy.

Suspected Cause of Problem:
    My problem started after playing with, "ROM Manager". I was seeing what all it could do, saw the "Fix Permissions" option and ran it. I think that this is what cleared the permissions to my download folders.

***This might not be the cause of every download issue, but after all of my research, I could not find any other resolutions besides "Wipe the phone" or "return to verizon". I am also not saying that the ROM Manager app is bad, but maybe it conflicts with some settings I have. Perhaps the dev could check into this and see if it is incorrectly setting permissions.***

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The market fix didn't work for me...
    Got Rooted Droid X with ota 2.2

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The same issue just started happening to me about 2 hrs ago. I thought it was bc I downloaded and installed the rubyx v.0.3 rom... then I reverted back to my back n issue still accurs but weird as im typing this one of my updates just suxcesfully installed lol. Weird.

DXed via Tapatalk

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    market is down

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience PointsThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Folks... the Market is experiencing issues right now. A lot of people... (all different devices, ROMs, rooted and non-rooted) are having troubles... while some aren't.

Be patient... it's nothing specific to you, it's on Google's end.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having issues with downloading apps from the market place now labeled as 'Play Store' on my Droid X vs. 2.3.4 I have no idea if I have the "Gingerbread" fix that I've been reading about. Anyway, my issue is this: I attempt to go to the play store to download an app, all seems fine but it just sits there 'loading' forever and never loads. I cleared the data and the cache from my browser as instructed above, restarted my phone and still same issue.

I also attempted to change the permissions on the .aptoide but can not locate an .aptoide file in the location as described above (For Apktor-Aptoide it is usually the ".Aptoide" folder on your SDCard). Unless the Market Place now known as the 'Play Store' is still having issues from October of last year....Can any one offer any other resolution? Thank you!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Bowe View Post
    I am having issues with downloading apps from the market place now labeled as 'Play Store' on my Droid X vs. 2.3.4 I have no idea if I have the "Gingerbread" fix that I've been reading about. Anyway, my issue is this: I attempt to go to the play store to download an app, all seems fine but it just sits there 'loading' forever and never loads. I cleared the data and the cache from my browser as instructed above, restarted my phone and still same issue.

I also attempted to change the permissions on the .aptoide but can not locate an .aptoide file in the location as described above (For Apktor-Aptoide it is usually the ".Aptoide" folder on your SDCard). Unless the Market Place now known as the 'Play Store' is still having issues from October of last year....Can any one offer any other resolution? Thank you!
    Settings > applications > manage apps > all tab > play store and then clear cache and data.

Then do a reboot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

X Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for responding so quickly. I did as you suggested but encountered a dead end when I got to the man apps 'all tab'. There is nothing listed for the play store. How is this possible? I do have the play store on my phone and can access apps just can't download any. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Bowe View Post
    Thank you for responding so quickly. I did as you suggested but encountered a dead end when I got to the man apps 'all tab'. There is nothing listed for the play store. How is this possible? I do have the play store on my phone and can access apps just can't download any. Any other suggestions? Thank you!
    Is it under Google play store?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

X Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, found it. Cleared data & cache, rebooted. Opened play store, attempted to download and update apps, failed. So frustrated. What next?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads