Google Launches New Nexus Line: Nexus 4, 32GB Nexus 7, Nexus 10 & Android 4.2
It looks like Google couldn't wait to share their excitement despite hurricane Sandy ruining their press event. They went ahead and launched their new Nexus lineup on their Google Blog. Here's the summary, which confirms nearly every rumor we heard previously:
Here are the details below on the pricing structure. You will notice that some of these prices are extremely competitive, especially the new Nexus 10 tablet.
- First, they are launching a 32GB Nexus 7 tablet after-all. It will be at the $249.99 price point, replacing the 16GB model at that price point. The 16GB model moves downward, replacing the 8GB model at the $199.99 price point.
- Second, Google is indeed launching their newest version of Android Jelly Bean, version 4.2.
- Third, Google is launching the new Nexus 4 smartphone, manufactured by LG with this new OS.
- Fourth, Google is launching the new Nexus 10 Android Tablet.
The rumored specs on the Nexus 4 pretty much turned out to be dead-on, and as you can see above, it comes in two varieties, 8GB and 16GB. Of course we already know the specs of the 32GB Nexus 7. Coming up in a bit we will have a separate story with full specs of the new Nexus 10 "iPad killer."
- Nexus 4: 8GB for $299; 16GB for $349; available unlocked and without a contract on 11/13 on the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada. The 16GB version will also be available through T-Mobile for $199, with a 2-year contract (check here for more details).
- Nexus 7: 16GB for $199 and 32GB for $249; available in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan, and also through our retail partners Gamestop, Office Depot, Office Max, Staples and Walmart.
- Nexus 7 with 32GB and mobile data: $299 and unlocked, on sale 11/13 in the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada.
- Nexus 10: 16GB for $399; 32GB for $499; available on 11/13 in the Google Play Store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan.
Finally, Android 4.2 will have a host of new intriguing features, including improved photo sharing, gesture typing and more. You can check out the full array of new features here: Android - What's New
10-29-2012 01:42 PM
Droid X Forums