Droid X Froyo Update Leaked
As promised yesterday, P3Droid and MyDroidWorld.com have released an un-official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motorola Droid X! This is a leaked OTA upgrade in the update.zip format. This is not a ROM or a port. This will upgrade both your baseband and your system.
For installation instructions, please check out this thread: MyDroidWorld Exlusive: Droid X Froyo for Everyone including non rooted phones
Here's a quick overview of the Android 2.2 Features:
And go on over and tell the hardworking leak crew thanks. Thank You Thread
- 2 to 5 times better performance of Android on the same hardware!
- USB and Wi-Fi Internet Tethering.
- Microsoft Exchange integration including auto-discovery and remote wipe
- New services just as data backup APIs for carriers to move your data from one device to another
- New and improved browser.
- Compass support for Google Maps in the browser, no need to launch the Maps app anymore for compass support.
- Improved Google Voice Search, recognizes long and complicated sentences easily.
- Full Flash support in the web browser!
- Real-time language translation!
- V8 Codec support, a new standard for online media by Google.
- A widget that helps you search your Android device, apps for market and much more!
- Ability to search within app data.
- Improved crash reporting to developers.
- Over the air application downloading via non-mobile store version from any PC on to your device.
- Streaming your non-DRM home music library straight onto your Android device.
- Purchase your music over the air from a non mobile destination right onto your device.
- Install apps on your SD-card, finally it’s here!
- Auto-update apps!
- Car Docking!
- An improved Android market, buy your apps and games from the web Android Market and send them straight to your phone.
- Use voice gestures to trigger app
(We are still working on updating the post, so please have some patience with us! As always, remember there is risk involved when modding your phone. DroidForums.net / MyDroidWorld.com is not liable for any damage. Note: This is not the official update from Verizon / Motorola, but about as close as you can get right now!)
Last edited by Backnblack; 08-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
08-20-2010 10:33 AM
Droid X Forums
If we have the clockworkmod recovery that came out yesterday, how do we get that off in order to upgrade?
Will updating to this cause us to not OTA to the offical?
I am pretty impressed so far! Scrolling is not nearly as choppy, and the app drawer is muuuch smoother as well, feels like its running pretty well so far! I am just wondering if the phone will still update to the official when it comes out or do we have to load it manually?
@droidemperor-you must do a .sbf restore, if not you will get a error 7(logwrapper) when installing the update.zip (2.2)
Last edited by angermanagement; 08-20-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Reason: forgot to quote text..oops
I have been debating on installing this or not Just a few questions hoping some one can help me out on??
If I download this will I lose all the stuff that I already have on my phones such as contacts apss and pictures and stuff..
Also if this is isntalled do I lose OTA update the official one when it comes out
And last is this hard to install is there anything special you have to know about hacking or software programs and such......and is there any chance of messing up your phone
thanks for all the help!!!
you should not lose anything..im istalling it as we speak, i just did a sbf restore because i used the bootstrapper yesterday and it left all my apps, contacts etc on the phone.
Originally Posted by MrSniffles69
OTA i am not sure about but with experience from my d1 i would say you would still get the ota update when it comes out if it is a different version***i am not positive on this
no hacking programs needed, if you want to have root after 2.2 is flashed you must already have it on 2.1 prior to the update, in addition the su file must be moved from bin to xbin in the system (this is done with rootexplorer) see mydroidworld for the full instructions
**just finished, all contacts, apps etc are still there
Thanks. I am doing an SBF restore as we speak. Taking forever! Will keep you posted.
Originally Posted by angermanagement
No prob..mine took forever too lol..suprisingly it kept all the apps and everything on the phone
Originally Posted by droidemperor
how do you do a stock recovery? looks like they are having problems with that kouch recovery...