Droid X Froyo Update Leaked

This is a discussion on Droid X Froyo Update Leaked within the Droid X News forums, part of the Droid X News & Polls category; As promised yesterday, P3Droid and MyDroidWorld.com have released an un-official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motorola Droid X! This is a leaked OTA upgrade ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Droid X Froyo Update Leaked

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times

Droid X Froyo Update Leaked

As promised yesterday, P3Droid and MyDroidWorld.com have released an un-official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motorola Droid X! This is a leaked OTA upgrade in the update.zip format. This is not a ROM or a port. This will upgrade both your baseband and your system.

For installation instructions, please check out this thread: MyDroidWorld Exlusive: Droid X Froyo for Everyone including non rooted phones

Non-Rooted Update:
    Link Removed

Rooted Update:
    Link Removed

Here's a quick overview of the Android 2.2 Features:
    • 2 to 3 times improvement in JavaScript.
    • 2 to 5 times better performance of Android on the same hardware!
    • USB and Wi-Fi Internet Tethering.
    • Microsoft Exchange integration including auto-discovery and remote wipe
    • New services just as data backup APIs for carriers to move your data from one device to another
    • New and improved browser.
    • Compass support for Google Maps in the browser, no need to launch the Maps app anymore for compass support.
    • Improved Google Voice Search, recognizes long and complicated sentences easily.
    • Full Flash support in the web browser!
    • Real-time language translation!
    • V8 Codec support, a new standard for online media by Google.
    • A widget that helps you search your Android device, apps for market and much more!
    • Ability to search within app data.
    • Improved crash reporting to developers.
    • Over the air application downloading via non-mobile store version from any PC on to your device.
    • Streaming your non-DRM home music library straight onto your Android device.
    • Purchase your music over the air from a non mobile destination right onto your device.
    • Install apps on your SD-card, finally it’s here!
    • Auto-update apps!
    • Car Docking!
    • An improved Android market, buy your apps and games from the web Android Market and send them straight to your phone.
    • Use voice gestures to trigger app
    And go on over and tell the hardworking leak crew thanks. Thank You Thread

(We are still working on updating the post, so please have some patience with us! As always, remember there is risk involved when modding your phone. DroidForums.net / MyDroidWorld.com is not liable for any damage. Note: This is not the official update from Verizon / Motorola, but about as close as you can get right now!)
    Last edited by Backnblack; 08-21-2010 at 06:59 PM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If we have the clockworkmod recovery that came out yesterday, how do we get that off in order to upgrade?

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Will updating to this cause us to not OTA to the offical?

X Informant
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am pretty impressed so far! Scrolling is not nearly as choppy, and the app drawer is muuuch smoother as well, feels like its running pretty well so far! I am just wondering if the phone will still update to the official when it comes out or do we have to load it manually?

X Informant Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    @droidemperor-you must do a .sbf restore, if not you will get a error 7(logwrapper) when installing the update.zip (2.2)
    Last edited by angermanagement; 08-20-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: forgot to quote text..oops

X Operative Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey guys,

I have been debating on installing this or not Just a few questions hoping some one can help me out on??

If I download this will I lose all the stuff that I already have on my phones such as contacts apss and pictures and stuff..

Also if this is isntalled do I lose OTA update the official one when it comes out

And last is this hard to install is there anything special you have to know about hacking or software programs and such......and is there any chance of messing up your phone

thanks for all the help!!!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSniffles69 View Post
    Hey guys,

I have been debating on installing this or not Just a few questions hoping some one can help me out on??

If I download this will I lose all the stuff that I already have on my phones such as contacts apss and pictures and stuff..

Also if this is isntalled do I lose OTA update the official one when it comes out

And last is this hard to install is there anything special you have to know about hacking or software programs and such......and is there any chance of messing up your phone

thanks for all the help!!!
    you should not lose anything..im istalling it as we speak, i just did a sbf restore because i used the bootstrapper yesterday and it left all my apps, contacts etc on the phone.

OTA i am not sure about but with experience from my d1 i would say you would still get the ota update when it comes out if it is a different version***i am not positive on this

no hacking programs needed, if you want to have root after 2.2 is flashed you must already have it on 2.1 prior to the update, in addition the su file must be moved from bin to xbin in the system (this is done with rootexplorer) see mydroidworld for the full instructions

**just finished, all contacts, apps etc are still there

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by angermanagement View Post
    @droidemperor-you must do a .sbf restore, if not you will get a error 7(logwrapper) when installing the update.zip (2.2)
    Thanks. I am doing an SBF restore as we speak. Taking forever! Will keep you posted.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidemperor View Post
    Thanks. I am doing an SBF restore as we speak. Taking forever! Will keep you posted.
    No prob..mine took forever too lol..suprisingly it kept all the apps and everything on the phone

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    how do you do a stock recovery? looks like they are having problems with that kouch recovery...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads