Droid X Froyo Update Leaked

This is a discussion on Droid X Froyo Update Leaked within the Droid X News forums, part of the Droid X News & Polls category; If the stuck on M / bootloop you're talking about is the one that occurs from flashing the .SBF to revert to 2.2 from 2.1, ...

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Droid X Froyo Update Leaked

X Operative Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    If the stuck on M / bootloop you're talking about is the one that occurs from flashing the .SBF to revert to 2.2 from 2.1, yes. Battery pull, reboot recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reboot, done.

And if I"m understanding the last part, you are having difficulty accessing the different Modes for USB connection. 2.2 works fine in all modes. You just need to connect to the PC with debugging turned off to make sure the drivers for all the modes and your PC are happy with one another. Then you can turn debugging on.

Quote Originally Posted by mrklean59 View Post
    I already had my vacation, can I post it now ?? LOL!~ j/k .. I read this thread twice and am really confused.. what ended up being the solution for th dx being stuck on M ?? I just took mine to verizon...told them it was stuck... they hooked it up to their puter..nothing...said you'll be getting another in 2 days ... which I did...Ya !!! LOL I did the update...forgetting I had a new phone.. not rooted...is there a root coming for froyo.. the old way doesn't work....you cant have it in pc mode...if it's in charging mode...it doesn't work when you get to the 4th (?) step... thanks all ; )
    mrklean59 likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, that clears some things up..when I get to step 4.. I can't cd to the dir. due to permission error...it's read only... any idea how I change it..can it be done in adb....I really don't want to go back to 2.1...and start over...or should I just wait for a froyo root ?? Thanks !

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    FYI... droid-life.com says you can use the droid2 root to root the dx after installing froyo...don't know if it's been tried yet....but it will be after I eat breakfast. Also...if you're rooting just to get rid of system apps...ADW launcher lets you hide them from your screens so they don't appear. I also recommend..if you root.. don't delete the files you dont want.. rename them... they won't show.. but you still have them in case you need to get them back...just sharing a few things I found ; ))

X Informant Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    ^ to the above post.

by saving them, instead of deleting the apk's

you change the file extension from .apk to .bak
    Rooted Droid X!

I try to assist people with problems whenever possible. If you feel I have helped you, please press "thanks" Thanks!

BB Storm 9530--> Droid X! Never looking back!

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just preformed the update last week, seems to work fine. I was one of the lucky ones. Moved the update file onto my SD card, Rebooted into Recovery mode applied the update, after 1 reboot and what seemed like a extended Droid EYE screen, the phone was good to go. I was hesitant to try this after reading all the people that have had problems, but it worked out.
    My droid X was very vanilla, non rooted and not overly loaded down with apps.

In fact the hardest part of the whole process for me was finding the update file.
    jdsabin1 likes this.

X Informant
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Those of you with the leaked update, does it fix the volume issue?

X Operative Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    WIth the delayed Froyo I'm going to try and find the leaked version. If anyone has it and thinks it's safe to send it to me via PM it would be greatly appreciated, if you could send me links or whatever. If nog that's fine, I will start browsing torrents and stuff. Thanks for any help.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudig View Post
    Those of you with the leaked update, does it fix the volume issue?
    Yes it does.

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So, the update apparently isn't coming out in" early September" I take it? Maybe" mid September"?

X Informant
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Has anybody tried calling Verizon and asking? Maybe use the premise that the phone is broken and not working right (the later is 100% true if you are running 2.1).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    ---
    Veldy
    Religion is a crutch, but that's okay... humanity is a cripple.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads