Verizon Wireless discounting family plans for smartphone users

This is a discussion on Verizon Wireless discounting family plans for smartphone users within the Droid X News forums, part of the Droid X News & Polls category; For those of you asking about how your current discount would affect this promo it probably won't. Most employee discount programs take the discount off ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Verizon Wireless discounting family plans for smartphone users

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.9%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    For those of you asking about how your current discount would affect this promo it probably won't. Most employee discount programs take the discount off of the primary line only.

But I do have a question about this if anyone has inquired. Are they allowing non-smartphone lines to upgrade early or is this only for those whose contract is up during the promotion time. And if so can you get the contract renewal price on a phone or do you have to pay full price.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I called the 877 # and they just saw I paid on time and have been a loyal customer. My daughter came over to our family share and I paid for her on a different family share $10 voice $10 texting and $30 data. I saved on her texting and $20 on her data. That is $30 right there, $20 on my data and $40 on two sons data. I just got lucky. I was turned down at least 5 times.

Beeray
    Last edited by Beeray; 11-19-2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    So I am guessing that since I only have a 69.99 plan for 2 phones and a multimedia phone with 9.99 data and a smartphone with 29.99 data I wont get a discount! Both phone have $10 text!!
    Is there somewhere you can look for these discounts??
    Last edited by didiwags; 11-19-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

Agent X
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Would someone be so kind to share the 877 number to call please? When we call verizon, they say we have to call the promotion company directly, and of course they don't have the number. Please, thank you, please thank you, please thank you. Hahaha

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 12.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Check this thread for the phone number:

New Unlimited Plan from Big Red? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

This promotion is different but similar...this one worked out to be $20 cheaper for me because it has unlimited texts. They seemed willing to let me choose either promotion, but I guess it depends on your plan. I was able to add an additional data plan to my account, and still pay $30 less per month than I'm paying now.

First time I have ever added a service with Verizon and actually saved money...sweet

Thanks all for the heads up

Agent X
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Don't bother calling if you didn't get the promotion... they checked both my lines and told me I didn't get the mailer so I'm not eligible.
    Troubles installing OTA 2.3.340 Update? Click Here

Agent X
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'm the biggest dork in the world,i got a mailer and didn't fully read the whole thing before chucking it into the round file, I just saw some prices on phones and figured they were trying to sell me something. I'm gonna call and check, couldn't hurt right?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum Ap

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I wasn't eligible for that exact promo, but since I still was using my old alltel plan, that I qualify for this other one that gives me 200 more minutes (which I'll never use) and data that's a lot cheaper for the two smart phones. So it should be roughly 10 bucks cheaper for me. That big discount promo only targets certain geographical areas, and BFE minnesota wasn't one of them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

X Operative
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dippa View Post
    Check this thread for the phone number:

New Unlimited Plan from Big Red? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

This promotion is different but similar...this one worked out to be $20 cheaper for me because it has unlimited texts. They seemed willing to let me choose either promotion, but I guess it depends on your plan. I was able to add an additional data plan to my account, and still pay $30 less per month than I'm paying now.

First time I have ever added a service with Verizon and actually saved money...sweet

Thanks all for the heads up
    After reading the first few posts of this thread, I called VZW Customer Service this morning to inquire. The first rep I spoke to knew nothing about it and transferred me to Sales, who said I wasn't eligible. After going round and round with her and realizing she wouldn't budge, I asked to speak to a Supervisor because there are exceptions to everything. She put me on hold for a minute and said a supervisor wasn't available and then asked if I would like to be transferred to the Loyalty Dept. I said yes.

The rep in the Loyalty Dept couldn't have been nicer. She said there was no reason I couldn't have the discount, and went a step further to see if there would be any other offers that would save me more money. She found the offer posted above, which will save me approx $40/mo.

Bottom line - call the Loyalty Dept direct at 877-628-8922 to get this or any other offer that may better suit your needs.
    greevedogg and collett like this.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info Trash Can! I'll give that number a try after the number listed in the previous link got me nowhere. Sounds like the best haggling will be with the loyalty department which is to be expected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads