Photo gallery won't work

This is a discussion on Photo gallery won't work within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've had my Droid for a couple weeks and the photo gallery stopped working recently. Basically I can take photos on my camera just fine, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Photo gallery won't work

Photo gallery won't work

I've had my Droid for a couple weeks and the photo gallery stopped working recently. Basically I can take photos on my camera just fine, but when I click the little thumbnail pic to look at them, the screen goes black. Also when I click on the photo gallery icon the screen zooms toward the center of the screen (like the photo gallery is about to load) but then it goes black again.

Any clue how to fix this? I don't remember changing any settings or anything. Other than that, it works fine. Thanks.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Try going to Settings-Applications-Manage Applications force closing gallery and clearing the cache. Shut down you're phone and pull the battery. Them fire everything back up.

Swyped on my X

Thanks, I can access the gallery now. the problem is the gallery still has about 15 pictures I deleted. I deleted them through setting > files, not through the gallery. When I click on those pics, they appear briefly (less than a second) but then turn into the gray and white picture symbol. I can't delete them either, when I click the Menu button the other options (edit, share, upload, etc) are clickable but the "Delete" feature isn't. The reason I can't delete them through my gallery is since I already deleted them through Settings > Files, yet they still appear in my photo gallery. How can I permanently delete them?

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Did you do what I suggested above yet?

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I had the same issue. If his suggested course of action does not clear everything up, you can try what worked for me: reformat your SD card. Move your important photos, etc o your computer, reformat the card, move the stuff back to the card.

^ Thanks, I just tried it and it worked! Photo gallery is back to normal : )

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    And welcome to the forums springreen!!! Glad you got your issue resolved...

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by springreen View Post
    Thanks, I can access the gallery now. the problem is the gallery still has about 15 pictures I deleted. I deleted them through setting > files, not through the gallery. When I click on those pics, they appear briefly (less than a second) but then turn into the gray and white picture symbol. I can't delete them either, when I click the Menu button the other options (edit, share, upload, etc) are clickable but the "Delete" feature isn't. The reason I can't delete them through my gallery is since I already deleted them through Settings > Files, yet they still appear in my photo gallery. How can I permanently delete them?
    Saw that you're already fixed, but wanted to add this for anyone else that may be having the same issue with orphaned files in gallery!

Some people have reported issues of corruption being caused when deleting pictures from within the camera app itself, in preview mode. Instead, wait and delete them from the gallery to avoid the issue ..

If it's too late, and you already have problems with gallery, a 3rd party gallery app from the market may help. I was able to remove 71 orphaned files via the 3d gallery market app, and avoid reformatting my sdcard.

Never know, but if this helps one person, then it was worth my time posting this!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    topogio likes this.
    ---x---

--might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Worked!

The first option did not fix my Gallery. Had to save all files off X, format card, and then place the files back on card. Worked PERFECTLY! Thank you! I have been trying to figure this out for months now!

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i'm having the same / simliar problem: when i click on the gallery, it starts to launch, then force closes instantly. Also, am unable to change profile pictures with anything stored on my phone. Other than reformatting the SD card, which would not seem to be affecting the running of the program, am i able to delete the gallery program and re-install? Seems like it has become corrupt, not the card.

UPDATE: downloaded Gallery ++ from marketplace, and it is working great! still unable to get stock program to work, so will leave it as "bloat", and hide the icon. Any advice?
    still un-rooted
    Last edited by goldsmitht; 02-16-2011 at 02:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads