I was just wondering if it was safe to leave my DX on the charger overnight or for extended periods of time.
My previous phone was an lg voyager that had a broken charging port (wouldn't charge the battery through the charging port - I had to charge the battery directly with a modified usb cable), and I'm pretty sure that I fried it by leaving it on the charger every night.
I've heard from my wife and others that this is not a good idea. The only reason I can think of is if the charging cable continues to provide electrical current to the charging port after the battery is fully charged. However, my old phone and my new one are in a completely different class altogether (smartphone vs "dumb" multimedia phone), in addition to having completely different charging ports and cables (micro usb vs LG's proprietary design). Plus, Motorola sells a desktop charging cradle that basically turns the Dx into a nightstands alarm clock, which implies that you would leave it plugged in overnight. Does this mean I can get away with leaving my Dx on the charger overnight without damaging the charging port, or should I avoid it whenever possible?