ActiveSync Hotmail Problem (No 2 way sync)

This is a discussion on ActiveSync Hotmail Problem (No 2 way sync) within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; So I setup a new Corp Exchange Account on my DX following the instructions posted On microsoft's site. It worked, for the most part. It ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ActiveSync Hotmail Problem (No 2 way sync)

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ActiveSync Hotmail Problem (No 2 way sync)

So I setup a new Corp Exchange Account on my DX following the instructions posted On microsoft's site. It worked, for the most part. It pulled down my Hotmail email, contacts and calender as expected.

However, when I delete a message from my phone, it stays unread in my actual hotmail account. I haven't tried with Contacts or Calender items, but it seems to me the 2-way sync isn't working. Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution? I know I could use Touchdown, but trying to avoid paying for something.

Using 2.2 Stock unrooted.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I set up my Hotmail with K9 and it marks items and read and deletes emails from the account when I delete them on my phone. Touchdown didn't when I tried it.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I grabbed K9 really quick, but I can't seem to get it setup correctly. (I'm apparently dumb :P). I put in my email and password, then select manual setup and switch it to and exchange account. From here I enter in the details for ActiveSync, but it fails to finish the setup. The outgoing server fails, along with folders not existing. I continued anyway, but it wouldn't pull down anything. I've look around the web, but can't seem to find a good set of instructions. Can you help me with the exchange setup?

Agent X
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iceandrews View Post
    I grabbed K9 really quick, but I can't seem to get it setup correctly. (I'm apparently dumb :P). I put in my email and password, then select manual setup and switch it to and exchange account. From here I enter in the details for ActiveSync, but it fails to finish the setup. The outgoing server fails, along with folders not existing. I continued anyway, but it wouldn't pull down anything. I've look around the web, but can't seem to find a good set of instructions. Can you help me with the exchange setup?
    When I tried Hotmail as exchange with Touchdown I had problems with the outgoing server as well, but set up as POP3 and it works fine with K9.
    Last edited by ryant35; 10-07-2010 at 09:35 AM.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't want the pop3 setup. I know I can do it that way. That's not a 2 way sync or push, that's just a pull down. Yes you might be able to delete message from the server from the phone. But I imagine if it's setup for pop I'll have the other problem. If I delete online in my account, it'll still be on my phone. There's gotta be another solution.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iceandrews View Post
    I don't want the pop3 setup. I know I can do it that way. That's not a 2 way sync or push, that's just a pull down. Yes you might be able to delete message from the server from the phone. But I imagine if it's setup for pop I'll have the other problem. If I delete online in my account, it'll still be on my phone. There's gotta be another solution.
    Does Hotmail support exchange? I remember seeing a press release about it coming soon, I would try going to your Hotmail account and check out the settings & help sections.

I have been considering getting rid of my Hotmail lately since Gmail is SOO much better but I've had that email since I first used the internet.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes it says that it does.
    ActiveSync Set-Up for Hotmail Access

All the instructions to setup the exchange support are right on that link.

To quote the article "There are users successfully syncing from Hotmail via the default application or the Touchdown application on Android 2.2. "

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I contacted Microsoft and one of their engineers replied this.

Hello Ryan,

For a while Android 2.2 was on the supported software list for Hotmail Exchange Active Sync, then in the last week or so it came off the list. So unfortunately until Microsoft and what I would guess is Android 2.3 come out and they play well together, whatever you can get to work is about as good as it will be.

Sorry,
    Kurt Harris
    Escalation Engineer
    Windows Live Mobile

I'm not sure what's the truth, but it obviously doesn't work perfectly. That really stinks.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads