Not working, just a green light.

This is a discussion on Not working, just a green light. within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I am not sure what is wrong with my phone. I took a nap before i had to leave for work and woke up a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Not working, just a green light.

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Not working, just a green light.

I am not sure what is wrong with my phone. I took a nap before i had to leave for work and woke up a few minutes ago, now the phone is off. So i put it on the charger and now there is just a solid green light nothing else. I have repeatedly held and pushed the lock button, removed the battery and replaced it and still it has not came on. Any ideas?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    What do you mean..the screen is just a solid green?

X Operative
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Did you try holding down the power button with the battery out and the charger unplugged, then reconnecting the battery and trying to boot it up? No idea if it will work, but it's seemed to work with other electronic devices to get them back up.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Had this sort of happen to me twice yesterday. But what caused it for me was having the screen off, then unplugging it from the pc usb cord. The screen just wouldnt turn on, but I was getting the random vibration and green light when I got notifications.
    Had to pull the battery.

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    sorry it was the green led at the top of the phone, yet about 5 mins after i posted this it came one. yea i held the power/lock button for a while. its now on and charging.

X Informant Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This happened to me. I think maybe the battery was drained completely and it was letting it get a base charge before powering up.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having this exact problem. Phone suddenly was off and when plugged in to wall charger the green led light stays on soild. It will not respond to any of of my button pushes. I have tried all combos of removing the battery and sd card etc. Does anyone have any suggestions?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i am also having this issue... my phone died around 730 pm while i was at work. i have a charger at work, so i tried charging it from that. when i plugged it in, the LED turned on to a constant green. i then tried my car charger when i went on my break. when i got to my car after work, there was still no charge, but the light was still green. i have now plugged my phone to the wall charger that came with the phone, and have been home for 45 minutes with it on the charger and i still have nothing...

any answers to this would be a great help!

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dxguy View Post
    i am also having this issue... my phone died around 730 pm while i was at work. i have a charger at work, so i tried charging it from that. when i plugged it in, the LED turned on to a constant green. i then tried my car charger when i went on my break. when i got to my car after work, there was still no charge, but the light was still green. i have now plugged my phone to the wall charger that came with the phone, and have been home for 45 minutes with it on the charger and i still have nothing...

any answers to this would be a great help!
    I ended up taking my phone into a VZ store. They had never seen this problem. Sent me a new phone. Had to pay $15 bucks for next day service or wait 2 weeks.

X Operative
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I had this light issue happen when I tried to use an old charger from an older phone. The light just stayed green and the phone would not charge. Try a battery pull or see if you can get verizon to test with one of their chargers.
    Gingerbread and what not

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads