Not working, just a green light.

This is a discussion on Not working, just a green light. within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I have had this happen to me. Your battery is to low to let it boot. When this happed to me i plugged it in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Not working, just a green light.

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had this happen to me. Your battery is to low to let it boot. When this happed to me i plugged it in with a usb and nothing. When i got home i used the wall charger and after a couple mins it finally turned back on. It was the longest work day ever LOL
    MOTO X ROOTED LIVERTY 2.0.1

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mac08wrx View Post
    I have had this happen to me. Your battery is to low to let it boot. When this happed to me i plugged it in with a usb and nothing. When i got home i used the wall charger and after a couple mins it finally turned back on. It was the longest work day ever LOL
    I think it is a deeper problem than the battery being low. When this happened to me my phone had only been unplug for a few hours and I had hardly used it. When I took it to the VZ store they put 2 batteries they had in it and it still wouldn't work.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    just an update.

on wednesday i took my phone to verizon, and they had my buy a new battery. when i left the verizon store, i had about 80% battery left. 2 hours later, my phone was completely dead again, and i had only answered a few text messages and made a phone call. when i tried to plug in my phone again, the same thing happened with just the green LED coming on. i took it back to the store and they then thought that it was something shorting my battery. they sent me a new one, and i havent had any problems since then with it.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    oops... wrong thread.
    Last edited by Mike7143; 06-11-2011 at 07:22 PM.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine is doing this right now. I had it hooked to my car charger and was playing music on it. So, the battery should have actually been fully charged. Suddenly it just shut off. Several hours later it will still not turn on when plugged in or not. Pulled the battery several times. All I can get is a green LED when it's plugged in.

Has anyone found an answer to this issue besides getting a new phone???

Thanks

X Lurker
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im having the same issue. went to sleep with phone at half battery, woke up phone was off. wall chargers (USB style or old school AC adapter kind) both give solid green LED with no other functionality. wont turn on or show that the battery is charging. i tried both of my back up batteries which i know for a fact to be charged. no power on, and same response when put on charger. i even borrowed a battery form a co workers droid x and their phone powers up with my charged battery, but mine wont power on with theirs.. hmmmm

so, the batteries are good and charged they work in other phones. but mine wont power on. no amount of battery pulls or power button holding is changing this.
    im genuinely confused. im going to the verizon store after work

Edit update: took my droid x to the verizon store, they replaced it no questions asked. they tested my battery, it was fine.
    pay'd the 13$ for overnight shipping for my new one.... mi still bummed cuzz i was on page 15 on angry birds all 3 stars no cheating... sigh, bak to the beginning
    Last edited by honkeyninja; 10-10-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: update

X Lurker
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My phone needs a bat pull several times a day because of this and whenever I take it off the charger. I've done the factory reset and reeboot. I have also changed power profiles. for the most part I'm taking it back. This is way more painful than it should be. I hate to sell-out because I love the droid but I'm considering Iphone at this point.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well while I was reading this thread( my phone was having this problem being discussed in this thread) I decided to go try my phone again. I noticed when I touched the charger the green light flickered. I ended up pushing the cable into the charger better and the phone came on. It might be that but who knows..

Plug your phone into your computer then the green led will come on pull the battery then immediately plug it into the wall and there u go the motorola "M" will apear...!!!!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

plug it in plug it in

Quote Originally Posted by loah555 View Post
    Plug your phone into your computer then the green led will come on pull the battery then immediately plug it into the wall and there u go the motorola "M" will apear...!!!!
    did just that, went from green on usb/comp to charger that came with it and BAM red/white logo happinness, showed 0% charge but atleast I know I wasn't near brick laying factory. Charged to 10% and on it went, back to gingerbread heaven

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads