Sending/Receiving Calls: No audio once in call incoming or outgoing

This is a discussion on Sending/Receiving Calls: No audio once in call incoming or outgoing within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Searched the forums couldn't find anything related (although I may not have used the search function properly.) Had my droid for a little over a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sending/Receiving Calls: No audio once in call incoming or outgoing

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Sending/Receiving Calls: No audio once in call incoming or outgoing

Searched the forums couldn't find anything related (although I may not have used the search function properly.)

Had my droid for a little over a week (I'm new to the Android platform anyway so please be kind). Everything has been great until yesterday this started happening. When I receive or send a call, I can't hear anything out of the ear speaker, and the person on the other end can't hear me saying anything. I don't even hear it ringing when I call out. Speakerphone doesn't work either.

I know the mic is functional because speech-to-text still works fine. All other audio works fine.

Is this a problem anyone else has dealt with? I could easily take it back and replace it but I spent all week getting my menu screens the way I like them and don't want to deal with the hassle if there's an easy fix or something stupid that I can change in the settings.

Edit: Just to get some simple troubleshooting out of the way, there's no bluetooth headset issue (I haven't even so much as turned on bluetooth yet) no hearing aid settings are on or anything like that. I turned off "voice privacy" and nothing changed.
    Last edited by QuackVader; 10-02-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    slwoods likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hey man. I had a problem like this a week after I got my phone. Try powering off the phone for a few minutes. Then turn it back on..after booting it should be fine.

That's what I did and it went back to normal. I think the service or another app froze which caused it on mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    QuackVader and eromrab like this.

500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I had the same problem with mine a week ago I just turned the phone off pulled the battery then turned it back on and havnt had that problem again

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    QuackVader and eromrab like this.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I feel like an idiot now but thanks that did fix it. I had to leave it for a few minutes though, don't know why a few minutes would make a difference rather than 15 seconds but it seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

Is there a difference between a "battery pull" and just a power down for a few mins?

500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There shouldnt be a difference 15 seconds should be enough dont know why a couple minutes helped but hey what ever works and gets your phone back up and running

X Informant
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Wow just happened to me too which is how i found the thread. Trying to find a cause, prob froyo, everybody else have froyo? never had the problem on 2.1 or the leak, hope the moto froyo fix comes soon.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Know the feeling so well! What I don't understand is that mine only does this when I get a call from my friend that has a Verizon pre pay phone. As I'm trying to answer him... and he can't hear me... I can get another call from someone else (my son on reg Droid) switch over to him and he hears me just fine! Is there something between the Droid X and this pre pay phone specifically? Sure seems so! I'd thought that buying the Extended Controls App did the trick... till today... and here I go again. Grrrrrrr!!!!! Sure hope someone has a real solution to this problem. Still in my 30 day period, but the thought of redoing all my apps and such is not a good one... especially if this is a software issue that a new phone won't solve.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile

Thank you soooo much! I just pulled the battery for about 15 seconds and it worked like a charm. I had tried rebooting before and that didn't work. Was starting to get all worried... So thanks!

Oh, and yeah, this is the first time I've ever had this problem and I've had phone since they came out. I have 2.2 froyo. Could just be a froyo thing.
    Last edited by eromrab; 10-12-2010 at 01:01 PM.

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Happened to me this morning. A power cycle cleared it up.

500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I think its a froyo software glitch. Ever since the update it does it once a while..where as it never happened with 2.1. No buggy a power off reboot fixes it. I hope they fix this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads