Bluetooth disconnects/reconnects constantly. Is it an App that was downloaded?

This is a discussion on Bluetooth disconnects/reconnects constantly. Is it an App that was downloaded? within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Phone bluetooth/car worked fine when first purchased Now, After getting into car. Droid x connects fine, stays connected until a call is made/received. After about ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluetooth disconnects/reconnects constantly. Is it an App that was downloaded?

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Bluetooth disconnects/reconnects constantly. Is it an App that was downloaded?

Phone bluetooth/car worked fine when first purchased

Now, After getting into car. Droid x connects fine, stays connected until a call is made/received. After about 30 seconds it disconnects. I'll switch phone over to speakerphone and have to talk via phone. The phone will appear to reconnect but nothing comes through car. I've read this issue before and am wondering if it is an APP that is downloaded and cuts the connection. Help would be great as I drive for my job and can't be holding my phone to talk via speakerphone.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

I was having this problem. Here's how I was able to solve it.

First I went here Honda Cars - New and Certified Used Cars from American Honda and noticed some steps in the process that I was failing to do when I tried the first ~50 times to sync my phone. See steps 15-18:

FOR FIRST TIME PAIRING:
    1. Make sure Bluetooth is turned ON in the phone and it’s in discoverable mode
    2. Press the PHONE button on the radio unit. The handsfree system will notify you that there are no phones paired to the system and ask you if you would like to add a phone now.
    3. Select “YES”
    4. The system will search and then provide a list of Bluetooth devices found
    5. Select the phone from the list. The phone will prompt for the pairing code. Enter the pairing code provided by the system into the phone.
    6. If the phone is not found by the system, select “PHONE NOT FOUND?”. The handsfree system will prompt you begin the pairing search from the phone.
    7. From the Menu
    8. Tap SETTINGS
    9. Tap WIRELESS & NETWORKS
    10. Tap BLUETOOTH to turn ON
    11. Tap BLUETOOTH SETTINGS
    12. Tap SCAN FOR DEVICES
    13. Select handsfree device to pair with
    14. Enter the selected passcode
    15. View the upper corner on the handset screen. The phone may prompt for permission to import the phonebook
    16. Slide down on the notification
    17. Select YES
    18. Check the box to always remember this selection. This must be done to allow a reliable Bluetooth connection

Apparently, the dropping and reconnecting issue was caused by the car continuing to try to get the phonebook off the phone. Once you give permission for the phone to share the phonebook with the car, the car gets your phonebook and the drop/reconnect issue goes away. I hope the issue is this simple for you too. Now my car has my phonebook and my phone stays connected. Two problems solved. YAY!!!!

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

dropping via bluetooth in car...

As it turns out, it was simply the WIFI being turned on. The phone as it leaves one area it searches for another, and it drops Bluetooth in the meantime. Solution: Turn off WIFI when in the car.

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    You may know this already...Bluetooth will not Sync or connect if your vehicle is in transition...
    Mine go thru my truck speakers...it may work different with yours
    Its Bubba
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

+ Reply to Thread

Ads