How to clear unfinished uploads from pull down menu?

This is a discussion on How to clear unfinished uploads from pull down menu? within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Sorry, I'm sure I worded that wrong. This is my first android device and I'm not really familiar with the terms yet. I took some ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to clear unfinished uploads from pull down menu?

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How to clear unfinished uploads from pull down menu?

Sorry, I'm sure I worded that wrong. This is my first android device and I'm not really familiar with the terms yet. I took some pictures at the beach today and tried uploading via "Quick Upload" (I just held my finger over the pictures in the gallery, selected that, and then facebook). I had about 6 pictures uploading at once, when I noticed that I had really bad reception and that they were uploading really slowly. I remember reading somewhere (On this forum I believe) that if there is a problem with reception that sometimes turning airplane mode on and then off helps. It did help, the reception jumped back up to a few bars, but the only problem was that this interrupted the uploads. Now they are all stuck in the pulldown menu as "Ongoing" so I can't clear them out, and it's really annoying because it makes the list pretty long. Anyone else ever have this happen, or have any tips? Sorry, it may be something really simple and stupid, but like I said this is my first. I'd greatly appreciate any help! Thanks

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.9%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    First time I heard that one. When all else fails you could just turn it off and back on. That should clear them out.

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick response, but I guess my lack of patience got the best of me...it took like 20 minutes but all of the photos that were "ongoing" ended up switching to "unable to upload" and I was able to clear them out! Sorry, probably should have gave it a while longer..if there is a mod available can you delete the thread for me? Thanks!

I have a T-Mobile G1 (yes, it's OLD) and just started having the same problem. I use an FB for Android app to play on facebook. I upload a lot of photos. I've had stalls before that also prevented me from receiving my gmail. The cache for the app grows exponentially and the only way I have found to solve it is by uninstalling the app.

This latest problem of photo upload stalled couldn't be cleared - they have been in limbo for several days. I followed Garemlin's advice, turned my phone off and on - and voila! Stalled uploads cleared. Still don't know why they're stalling but happy to have them gone.

A new phone is in my very near future.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads