How to add Google Apps corp. email to my Droid X?
Have had my Droid X for over a month and love it. My company recently dumped Exchange Server for Google Apps. I need to get my corp. email account set up so that I can view corp. email/contacts/calendar on my Droid X. I used an app called Touch Down to sync with the old Exchange Server, but cannot get my Droid to get my corp. email.
I have no problems getting email from my personal accounts, but cannot connect to my corp. Google Apps server, no matter what I've tried.
Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
09-17-2010 04:32 PM
Droid X Forums
If you already transitioned your exchange email to google apps then you just need to setup your google apps account on your X just like any ordinary gmail account. Go to accounts, add google account, then put in your google apps email address and password. I actually use this for my company.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
- Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
- On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application.
- On the ‘Your accounts’ page, select Next to get started with setup/ Or add account if you already have something configured.
- Enter your full Gmail Apps address (email@example.com) and password, then select Next. ( check that you put the full firstname.lastname@example.org as the username otherwise it will not accept)
- On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
Last edited by hollywood; 09-17-2010 at 04:57 PM.
The Droid was BORN great
"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them..." -William Shakespeare
I'm using Google Premier, so my domain is my company's domain, not gmail.com. When I try to set up another Google account, it won't allow any other domain than gmail.com.
Thanks for the response, but it didn't solve my problem, unfortunately.
I use my domaiN worldofmarco.com and all I did is type in the full name as the user id for example where you would type your gmail id you would type for me for example
Then my PW.
that's it and it will work....
-DXed via Tapatalk-
Fyi don't use imap you don't need too bc if u set it up like gmail it uses the protocol imap idle so it kind of works like corporate email and pushes it instead of fetching in intervals.
-DXed via Tapatalk-
RUN Google apps email on Droid's Gmail App!!
For a while I was running my google apps email on Droids "Email" app which sucked because the functionality was completely different (No stars, no archive, etc).
I finally figured out how to run google apps:
- Go into your Gmail App
- Menu -> Accounts
- Add Account
- NOW INSTEAD OF CLICKING EMAIL, CLICK GOOGLE!! That's the secret
- Sign into your google apps email by putting the email@example.com
- Put password
- That's it!!
Originally Posted by EdGooding