battery life!!!!

This is a discussion on battery life!!!! within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I have my phone set to power save for the battery and also have a app killer installed with very little apps installed after i ...

Thread: battery life!!!!

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

battery life!!!!

I have my phone set to power save for the battery and also have a app killer installed with very little apps installed after i got the phone. How do i stop it from draining my battery so fast. Its been on since 8am and its at half battery life now. Any idea on howbi can get more life out o my battey??

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    What time is it where you are at? It is 430 here, so that would be 8 1/2 hours, which is pretty good battery life???

Do you have live wallpaper on?

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    How are you using the task killer - some apps will restart once they are killed - that is how the Android OS works...It can manage tasks & such in the background...Also, look at your screen brightness on how it is set as well...but Mike is right, that is not bad battery life...

Thread on OS and task killers... Androidology (& Android OS Memory Management [task killers])
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Make good use of the power control widget. As mentioned earlier, watch the screen brightness. Turn off Wifi if not using it. Try turning off GPS... all toggle buttons part of the power control widget. Also, look at what is eating your battery... Menu, Settings, Battery Manager, Battery Use. This will help you narrow the issue. My phone lasts about a day. Don't expect much more than that.

Agent X Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    What time is it where you are at? It is 430 here, so that would be 8 1/2 hours, which is pretty good battery life???

What he said. Sounds OK to me.

X Informant
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I get about the same. It's too bad that you can't just leave wifi/gps on and it manage the power/connectivity more efficiently in regards to battery life. I love this phone, but when you really let the Droid X roar with all of it's capabilities, it becomes impractical due to battery drainage. I hate that feeling.

X Operative
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i run live wall paper and i took my phone off the charger at 11am EST and now at 1138pm EST I am at 40%. made like 5 calls one of which was 20 mins long and listened to music with headset for about half an hour surfed the market a couple times and sent like 15 texts. So 12 hours... for me. 8 is still pretty good man.
    someone does not like my signatures, though Benin and satirical, so i just dont have one...
    Praise "Bob"

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by X24 View Post
    I get about the same. It's too bad that you can't just leave wifi/gps on and it manage the power/connectivity more efficiently in regards to battery life. I love this phone, but when you really let the Droid X roar with all of it's capabilities, it becomes impractical due to battery drainage. I hate that feeling.
    I leave wifi, gps and bluetooth on ALL the time any I don't have problems with my battery. If you think you're having problems I would start removing widgets/apps and see if maybe one of them is the culprit.

Remove Ads

Ads