Widget: Soft keys for Home and Back♠

This is a discussion on Widget: Soft keys for Home and Back♠ within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; is there a widget to add a home and back button instead of using the hard buttons. From past experience it only a matter of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Widget: Soft keys for Home and Back♠

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Widget: Soft keys for Home and Back♠

is there a widget to add a home and back button instead of using the hard buttons. From past experience it only a matter of time before he hard keys break

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop4142 View Post
    is there a widget to add a home and back button instead of using the hard buttons. From past experience it only a matter of time before he hard keys break
    Maybe I'm being stupid, but how would a home or back widget help anything? You'd have to push the home or back keys to get to your home screen in order to use them, wouldn't you?

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i was hoping that it would work like the notification screen, it slides down when you want it or flick the screen at the bottom to bring it up

X Operative
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop4142 View Post
    i was hoping that it would work like the notification screen, it slides down when you want it or flick the screen at the bottom to bring it up
    Inteesting concept... I imagine it's possible, but I've never seen anything like that. Hope you can find something!

hey guys. new dx owner, 2 weeks now.. iphone convert.. ive been looking for an answer to this myself.. i LOVE this phone but i really really miss being able to navigate back to my my previous screen quickly with a soft key.. its a little cumbersome to always have to reach down and 'click' a button, especially if youre doing a lot of back and forthing.. anyone heard of anything we can get, be it a widget or whatever? anyway, loving the phone.. thanks so much

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Back Button breaks the flow of the wonderful screen

Have had the X for 2 days and would love to not have to touch a hard key. The back button seems out of place for this device.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    Have had the X for 2 days and would love to not have to touch a hard key. The back button seems out of place for this device.
    This is why VZW has a 30 day return policy.
    The D2 has soft keys....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I'm still missing where pulling down the notification bar and selecting an option is more convenient than pushing one button...

well, i love the dx. i actually dont want a physical qwerty. i never liked them for the same reason id like a soft 'back' button.. if im supernavigating through a task, heres what it feels like.. touch, go, touch go.. CLICK.. touch go touch go..oh.. CLICK.. having to apply pressure to a button that is needed literally every other step just gets annoying. i guess im just not used to it. on the other hand, on my iphone i used to get pissed every time i hit the back or home button by mistake and had to start all over again.. so maybe im just being hypersensitive.. but there arent even any soft returns in the menu sets for the apps, or the settings or anywhere. i mean, it would be nice to be in the settings, go into say "brightness" then do a swipe back to the previous screen, instead of going down to click on a button, i feel like im programming just to navigate.. i dunno, i just hate it cuz i love this phone and its the only one thing that bothers me. i suppose pulling down the menu curtain would be a real pain the arse too. guess this is where the saying "cant have your cake and eat it too" came from..

btw im not returning this thing. im addicted to it now.. fired up the dx, watched my home DVR during lunch at work today (slngbx) and enjoyed COPS and a peanut butter jelly sandwich in the sun... ill just have to admit i now own a mini entertainment/computer system that needs to be operated with two hands like a big boy..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads