Wet Droid X - Dim Screen

This is a discussion on Wet Droid X - Dim Screen within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I dropped my X in the sink for about 1 second (if that long) before i pulled it out. i immediately took the battery out ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wet Droid X - Dim Screen

Wet Droid X - Dim Screen

I dropped my X in the sink for about 1 second (if that long) before i pulled it out. i immediately took the battery out and tried to dry out what I could. let it sit and dry for a day, then put the battery back in and tried. To my surprise it seemed to be fine, but that lasted only a few hours. The screen now seems to be very dimly lit. Basically un viewable, but just faint enough to know something is there. Any suggestions on a possible fix, or a way to get the brightness back? Replacement parts or anything like that?

thanks all....

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    A day was too early and you should have dipped it in alcohol real quick too There is a thread on here somewhere. Sorry for your loss.

thank you for the info. I think i'm too late for the rice and alcohol trick.

another question for anyone. I know there is a water indicator on the battery, but is there another one? if so, is it too a white sticker with red x's on it?

thanks agian...

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Yes I think so - on your water indicator sticker..

Also - altho is too late - here is the link to the other thread (might help someone else)... How to Deal with a Droid thats Gotten Wet–THE RIGHT WAY
    LovemyD-X likes this.

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    And welcome to the forums!!

Did you have insurance on your phone?
    LovemyD-X likes this.

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

Hey Smalltowngirl,
    thanks for the link and info. No, unfortunately i di dnot have insurance on the phone. Of all the phones i've had in the past, i never had it. i know this was my first smart phone, so i should have gotten it, just never did. Honestly in the 15 years o've had phones, i barely even dropped one, let alone have one get wet...guess i was due. An interresting note though, i called Verizon to activate an old phone i had so i could still have phone access, and the very helpful girl told me about the rice trick. Surprised they would even mention something like that to me, but she did. She also said the phone is under warranty for a year, so i could bring it in to a Verizon store and they would take a look. I assume they will look for the water stickers for damage. the one on the battery is still perfectly fine, but i assume there is another one somewhere, just not sure, and what it looks like. Have any idea where it is? I also have to assume it's white with red x's, but not 100 % sure, but i see you think it is the same too. My thought is if i find the other water sticker, and it's not activated, i might have a shot with the Verizon store... I guess its worth a shot.

I'm really bummed out cause i think this phone is awesome..i'd hate to shell out $600 for another one, but if i have to i just might...!

thanks again STG13 for your help.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    Hopefully when you take it back and they look at the water indicator on the battery they'll just give you another phone. I also never had insurance on a phone including my D1, but for some reason I decided to go that route on the DX. PLease let us know how everything works out for you.

One quick question... what was your phone doing so close to a sink, did you have it in a shirt pocket or something?

I was trying to take a picture of a clogged drain...i know..in retrospect, it was a dumb move..now i know. I'm still not sure how many water indicators there are. I know there is the one on the battery, and I think there is another in the compartment, but don't know how it should look.

Does anyone have a pic of the inside of their battery compartment? Before I bring it to the nearest store, i want to be sure I am ok in doing so.

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I don't think there is another indicator on the phone. Just the one on the battery! I have never seen any others on any phone I have owned. Sorry about you loss.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

What is that circle to the lower left under the battery compartment? Is that supposed to be red, or red and white? Thats what i think is another indicator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads