Charging Problems

This is a discussion on Charging Problems within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hello: I am having issues with my Droid X. I recently bought a new battery for my phone. When I went to charge it it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sd_shadow

Thread: Charging Problems

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Charging Problems

Hello:
    I am having issues with my Droid X. I recently bought a new battery for my phone. When I went to charge it it would not charge via either of the two travel adapters I own. If I hook the USB cable up to a USB port in my car or a PC the phone will charge. I think something is not quite right since even after charging via USB it only holds a charge for 2 or 3 days. My experience with other batteries has allowed me to go a week or more between charges. On a related note - this problem may have been self inflicted. I bought this phone refurbished a couple of years ago. It never allowed me to connect to the Google Play Store because of what I think was a conflict with my login on Google and the previous owner. I did a Factory Reset. I also updated my MotoBlur software. This took care of the login problem - I can't say the charging problems started after that but it was fairly soon afterward. I'm hoping someone can help. Maybe it's time for a new phone.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No responses so far. I am pretty sure this is a hardware issue with the power system on the phone. I have another droid x that has screen issues (dead pixels and a portion of the screen that no longer responds to touches.) The charging system still works on that phone with my travel adapter so I am using that when I need to charge my battery. Thank you for everyone who has browsed my issue.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    No responses so far. I am pretty sure this is a hardware issue with the power system on the phone. I have another droid x that has screen issues (dead pixels and a portion of the screen that no longer responds to touches.) The charging system still works on that phone with my travel adapter so I am using that when I need to charge my battery. Thank you for everyone who has browsed my issue.
    Unfortunately, I sure it's been years since anyone has made a new battery for the Droid X.
    Lithium batteries have a limited life, even if just on a shelf.
    I don't know where you are from, or your budget, but I suggest looking at the Moto E4, specifically the XT1768 which can be bootloader unlocked through official moto site.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the response. You actually kind of read my mind. I've been seriously considering either the Moto E4 or Moto G5. I am on the Page Plus Cellular (MVNO) pay as you go plan which only accepts Verizon capable 3G devices (I have a Verizon branded DroidX.) I love my Page Plus plan and it's really cheap (I pay 25.00 every 120 days and as long as I renew my plan before the expiration date the minutes unused continue to roll over.) However it's getting harder and harder to find 3G Verizon devices and they are usually used or refurbished with the perils that go along with that path. I think I need to switch to a Monthly plan to go with my 4G/LTE device so I probably will go that route. I also should mention that the Page Plus Cellular plan runs on Verizon's network and therefore requires a CDMA capable handset. Are you implying in your post that by unlocking the bootloader this 4G device would work on a 3G network? Or what would that accomplish by doing that? I live in Wisconsin in the USA.
    Last edited by DavidH; 06-21-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads