My battery is lying?

This is a discussion on My battery is lying? within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've had a droid X for a couple years now (Apologies, as I don't know what model or anything it is) Anyway, I only use ...

Thread: My battery is lying?

Angry My battery is lying?

I've had a droid X for a couple years now (Apologies, as I don't know what model or anything it is)
    Anyway, I only use it like a small tablet, really. I usean Iphone for my regular phone.
    For some reason, I can listen to music on the droid for ten hours at work, and the battery will only drain to about 75%. Not bad.
    BUUUUTTTTT. the moment I decide to connect to wifi, turn on GPS/Bluetooth, or even try to play a game, the battery will instantly (And I DO mean INSTANTLY) shoot down to 60% for a few seconds, then 20%, then 5%, and off. total time from 100% to death? around 30 seconds.
    However, when I restart the phone, the battery life will be at a more believable number. Until I do it again.
    I don't believe this is due to a virus or anything like that, since I just reformatted the thing this morning, in hopes of fixing the issue. nope, I still have the issue.
    Please help.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnumber3isme View Post
    I've had a droid X for a couple years now (Apologies, as I don't know what model or anything it is)
    Anyway, I only use it like a small tablet, really. I usean Iphone for my regular phone.
    For some reason, I can listen to music on the droid for ten hours at work, and the battery will only drain to about 75%. Not bad.
    BUUUUTTTTT. the moment I decide to connect to wifi, turn on GPS/Bluetooth, or even try to play a game, the battery will instantly (And I DO mean INSTANTLY) shoot down to 60% for a few seconds, then 20%, then 5%, and off. total time from 100% to death? around 30 seconds.
    However, when I restart the phone, the battery life will be at a more believable number. Until I do it again.
    I don't believe this is due to a virus or anything like that, since I just reformatted the thing this morning, in hopes of fixing the issue. nope, I still have the issue.
    Please help.
    Battery likely failing, especially if battery is 2 years or older.

Quote Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
    Battery likely failing, especially if battery is 2 years or older.
    That may be the case, at least it's a distinct possibility, but again, it seems odd that I can listen to music for such a long time without much drain at all, but the moment I connect to wifi, that's when the battery drains. Also, if I catch it in time, and plug the phone in, my battery indicator shoots up to 60% within 2 or 3 seconds, stays there for about 5 seconds, then the phone says battery is charged.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnumber3isme View Post
    That may be the case, at least it's a distinct possibility, but again, it seems odd that I can listen to music for such a long time without much drain at all, but the moment I connect to wifi, that's when the battery drains. Also, if I catch it in time, and plug the phone in, my battery indicator shoots up to 60% within 2 or 3 seconds, stays there for about 5 seconds, then the phone says battery is charged.
    also could be other hardware failure.

Remove Ads

Ads