Droid X gets stuck on "M" boot screen and shows "?" on battery emblem when charging!

This is a discussion on Droid X gets stuck on "M" boot screen and shows "?" on battery emblem when charging! within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I need help trying to diagnose my phone, I've tried wiping it and rebooting it but it will not boot up past the "M" Motorola ...

Thread: Droid X gets stuck on "M" boot screen and shows "?" on battery emblem when charging!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Droid X gets stuck on "M" boot screen and shows "?" on battery emblem when charging!

I need help trying to diagnose my phone, I've tried wiping it and rebooting it but it will not boot up past the "M" Motorola screen and when I leave the phone turned off, and plug it in to charge it, the phone show's a "?" emblem inside the battery. I was working with SetPCU and got the battery up to 114 F and then lowered to clocking level back down to 100 from 130. I'm thinking I might have fried the battery. Please help! Thanks!

P.S. Not sure if this helps but the phone is rooted and I have the VLXR 2.2 Rom installed as well. Thanks!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I've never fried my battery so I wouldn't know if that's the problem, but it seems like it is. I'd try another battery. If you don't have a spare you can get one for like 8 dollars on Amazon. And if it still does that then you must have broken or you need to reflash the firmware with rsdlite or the Linux EZ SBF CD.
    Can your phone even turn on without being plugged in?

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, it'll turn on but won't fully boot up. That's what concerns me. I'm almost thinking that the issue with the battery is caused by the phone's issue. I was intending on re-flashing it after work today via RSD_Lite. Would you prefer using that method or Linux CD?

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    I prefer the linux version because you can root it at the same time.

Also, when you are back up, look into an app called quickclock advanced. It will stress test your phone for you and give you recommended max speeds/voltages. Takes the guesswork out of it.
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    WOW! I sure wish I had known that before. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to get back to you once I try and flash it. Thanks again for your help. Just out of curiousity, do you reccomend running a new ROM or no? If so which one?

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    I'm running the original vortex RC1 right now but mine is a wifi only device, not my daily driver. The new vortex is supposed to be pretty nice and everything works so no real reason to change unless you just want to try something else. I would recommend wizards miui as something different. It's a very solid and customizable rom. It really comes down to personal preference so I'd just try several and see what you like.
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by codicamartin View Post
    Yeah, it'll turn on but won't fully boot up. That's what concerns me. I'm almost thinking that the issue with the battery is caused by the phone's issue. I was intending on re-flashing it after work today via RSD_Lite. Would you prefer using that method or Linux CD?
    I think you're just overclocked way too high. If it was your battery it wouldn't even turn on.
    And I like the Linux CD because it doesn't mess with the radio version on my phone. That means no having to call Verizon for people that are on Verizon and for me, I don't need to reflash to my carrier. Oh and the rooting as well, it makes it a lot faster.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, back online guys! I flashed with the rsd_lite and it worked perfect the first time. I then re-rooted and loaded my ROM. Things are back to normal again...thanks for your help and I do have one last question...my command keys tend to get pretty warm sometimes but then I check my battery temp with setcpu and its only at about 100 f? I didn't notice it doing that with my factory rom? Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by codicamartin View Post
    Well, back online guys! I flashed with the rsd_lite and it worked perfect the first time. I then re-rooted and loaded my ROM. Things are back to normal again...thanks for your help and I do have one last question...my command keys tend to get pretty warm sometimes but then I check my battery temp with setcpu and its only at about 100 f? I didn't notice it doing that with my factory rom? Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    That's good to hear.
    But I'm not sure why your keys would get hot though, unless you're overclocked and it's just your battery heating them. That's the only reason it's happened to me.

Remove Ads

Ads