How do you change your home screens to way you want it.

This is a discussion on How do you change your home screens to way you want it. within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I just got my Droid x few days ago. And I am totally lost! I have seen Screen shots that people posts of there Home ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you change your home screens to way you want it.

X Operative
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 1.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How do you change your home screens to way you want it.

I just got my Droid x few days ago. And I am totally lost! I have seen Screen shots that people posts of there Home screens. I know alot of you use Launcher Pro. But how does that work? I installed it and it made my home screen different it only gave me 3 screens instead of 7 what I had. And the Icons I had were gone also. But it wont let me open Launcher Pro? How do I get this to work to move things around how I want it to look?

Like for my one home screen I wanted like few icons on left side and a picture on right side and some Icons on top. I seen a screen shot that someone did that. But how do I do that?

Ive been using the Marketplace alot. I just need to know how to get my home screens the way I want it to look!

If anyone can please help me out some...Thanks!!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If u using launcher pro u can go in preferences and chose up to seven side screen. If u wanna add icon from ur drawer to ur on-screen simply long press on it then it will move. If u like the nice weather and clock widget a lot of ppl have check out beautiful widgets very great app and I recommend it. If u wanna change ur wallpaper I suggest ledge very good wallpaper app plus it has a lot of simple ringtones. To change ur wallpaper long press on empty spot on ur screen a spot will come up giving u option between widgets wallpapers shortcuts and other things. Just try some stuff play around with it and before u now it ur DX will be all custom the way u like it.
    Droid x rooted
    oc'ed 1.15

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Hello and welcome to the forums!!

To open LauncherPro (if it is presently the home app you are using), hard menu key, preferences - you are now into the settings - you can select how many home screens you want, which will be your default, hide notification bar, hide icon text, dockbar settings, etc...

If you do not have LP open, click on your home key and you should see a popup box - you can choose which home app you would like to have opened. If you set LP as your default, you will need to download an app from Home Switcher from the Market - it will allow you to toggle back and forth between your home apps...

To move items around on the screen - long press till you feel a vibrate and then drag with your fingertip - when you lift your fingertip, it will drop into place. If you want to delete an icon or widget, long press and drag towards the bottom of your screen you should see a red trash can - both the icon or widget and trash can have to turn red - this only deletes the icon / widget from the homescreen not the phone (unless you are prompted with do you wish to uninstall - if you select yes, it will uninstall).. To add widgets to your home screens, long press, popup box appears and select widgets (you should also see other options here as well that you can use to customize your homescreens)....Once you select which widget, it will either add or take you to the configure settings to complete the widget setup...

Hope this helps - again welcome and enjoy!!

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Zedge not ledge

Sent from my DroidX...

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Dang predictive lol sry zedge
    Droid x rooted
    oc'ed 1.15

X Operative
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 1.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the help!!! I hope I can figure it out..
    Now since we have to buy beautiful Wedgets can we pay these Apps with Paypal or anything like that? Or does it have to go right on your Phones bill?

+ Reply to Thread

Ads