Need help, phone got wet

This is a discussion on Need help, phone got wet within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Ok everyone I need some HELP!!! My droid x was acting weird the other day after my daughter slobbered on it. That night the return ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help, phone got wet

Need help, phone got wet

Ok everyone I need some HELP!!! My droid x was acting weird the other day after my daughter slobbered on it. That night the return and home buttons would control the volume. Then it started acting ok the next day after being soaked in some uncooked rice. Then I downloaded an app called LOOKOUT that same night and it was still working fine. I then download another app something to recognize constellations in the sky. Then the phone just froze. I shut it off by taking the battery out and now the screen is stuck on the motorola symbol.

These are the steps I took to try and fix it:

1. I was able to get into safe mode (which is the only way the phone will boot up) and performed a factory data reset from the privacy menu.

2. When that did not fix it I performed a hard reset by wiping everything to include cache and partition. Still nothing.

The phone is still stuck on the motorola symbol upon normal reboot.

Note: There is no sd card inserted.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Corey

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 5.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I would try an sbf. You will need to put your sd card back in. *note: you WILL lose EVERYTHING you had on the phone such as apps but it wont touch the sd card

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

i had a similar issue about a month ago. phone barely got wet and then shut off. I laid it it out to dry for a few days and then it cut back on. Now, a month later, the battery drained last friday night and after charging it when i went to bed, i wake up to the phone not cutting on at all. Initially it responded when i took the battery out and connected it to the charger, but now, i get no response out of it at all. Any suggestions?

Do i have to run the sbf with the sd card in because i ran the sbf without the sd card inserted?

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cjames3 View Post
    Ok everyone I need some HELP!!! My droid x was acting weird the other day after my daughter slobbered on it. That night the return and home buttons would control the volume. Then it started acting ok the next day after being soaked in some uncooked rice. Then I downloaded an app called LOOKOUT that same night and it was still working fine. I then download another app something to recognize constellations in the sky. Then the phone just froze. I shut it off by taking the battery out and now the screen is stuck on the motorola symbol.

These are the steps I took to try and fix it:

1. I was able to get into safe mode (which is the only way the phone will boot up) and performed a factory data reset from the privacy menu.

2. When that did not fix it I performed a hard reset by wiping everything to include cache and partition. Still nothing.

The phone is still stuck on the motorola symbol upon normal reboot.

Note: There is no sd card inserted.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Corey
    That's odd that your X would do that, because I drool on mine every night (unintentionally) when I'm in bed since I can't sleep unless my X is cuddling in bed with me (i have severe PTSD and mild Autism, so I'm very attatched to my X), and when I wake up, I always end up having to clean it because of it. And when I have it in the bathroom when I take a shower, my X always seems to get a few drops of water on it, and it has no issues at all, and there's no sign of water damage on it's water damage indicator under its battery door

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Operative
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cjames3 View Post
    Do i have to run the sbf with the sd card in because i ran the sbf without the sd card inserted?
    No you don't have to have the sd card in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Ads