Droid X battery draining very quickly with little use + phone sometimes getting warm

This is a discussion on Droid X battery draining very quickly with little use + phone sometimes getting warm within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I spent several days trying to figure out why my Droid X was draining my battery so quickly, with little use and even overnight -- ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Droid X battery draining very quickly with little use + phone sometimes getting warm

Droid X battery draining very quickly with little use + phone sometimes getting warm

I spent several days trying to figure out why my Droid X was draining my battery so quickly, with little use and even overnight -- it had never done this before. It was also sometimes getting warm -- also something that I had never noticed before. I was unsuccessful in finding a direct answer from the internet, but I did get some ideas and kept fiddling until I was able to a solve the problem ! I basically did two things -- not sure if one or both got things back to normal, but I will list both of them. I noticed that from settings / battery and data manager / battery usage that Yahoo Messenger (which I sometimes use) had received a very high amount of Data -- even though I wasn't using it. I then opened Yahoo Messenger and realized that I was automatically signed in, but did not know it... so I signed out ! The second thing I did is that I went to settings / battery and data manager / data delivery and I turned the Background Data OFF (unchecked) ! After doing both of these things the battery time was back to normal, and phone never gets warm ... so I wanted to share my happiness in getting the battery drainage problem solved and hope this post may help someone else.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I will have to try that. Although my X gets warm quite often, it doesnt get too warm, but when it does ive put it on me when I dont feel well to help with the pain and doscomfort. But it doesnt to too warm to have on me dont worry so it wont hurt me.

Standing in the shadows of love with my DROIDX/ Droid Shadow

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidlynnXDoes View Post
    I will have to try that. Although my X gets warm quite often, it doesnt get too warm, but when it does ive put it on me when I dont feel well to help with the pain and doscomfort. But it doesnt to too warm to have on me dont worry so it wont hurt me.

This is weird, but my X cools off after its been on me for a little while

Thank you for posting that information! It was great to see the answer without the question

X Lurker
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'll try that. I usually have to keep yahoo messenger on because I get my job hours posted that way but I'll try the settings thing. My phone drains so fast it is iediculous. I use 4 batteries and go through them all each day. I even have one extended and it doesn't last 4 hours. My batteries sometime are way below 70 over night just sitting there.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads