Unable to upload phone book to Panasonic KX-TG7745 Link2Cell phone

This is a discussion on Unable to upload phone book to Panasonic KX-TG7745 Link2Cell phone within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; We recently disconnected our home landline and purchased a Panasonic KX-TG7745 telephone system with Link2Cell functionality. We are not that tech savvy, but we managed ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to upload phone book to Panasonic KX-TG7745 Link2Cell phone

Unable to upload phone book to Panasonic KX-TG7745 Link2Cell phone

We recently disconnected our home landline and purchased a Panasonic KX-TG7745 telephone system with Link2Cell functionality. We are not that tech savvy, but we managed to get 2 Droid X cell phones connected to the Panasonic system and we can answer and make calls with the Panasonic handsets. We followed the directions in the Panasonic User Guide to upload the phone book from the cell phones, but have not been successful. We selected the "Auto" command on the Panasonic and the Droid X makes a tone sound indicating that it is connected. The Panasonic handset displays a message "Transferring phone book", but after a minute or so, displays an error message: Error!!

We tried the "Manual" command, but we don't know what to do on the cell phone to push the phone book to the Panasonic. In the Droid X Contacts list, we found an Import/Export option, but it was only to/from an SD card, not an external device. And I didn't see anything in the Bluetooth options that seemed to pertain to the issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    Ok im not sure how to do this but i have an idea.

What you can do is go into contacts and do the import export option. Export it to sd card. Then connect your phone to your computer and open up files on your droid X and there will be a 00001.vcf file. That will be your contacts.

So i have no idea what you are trying to do at all but now if you can get the file from your computer to Panasonic system then youll have the contacts.
    Or maybe just enter them in manually but i pressume you wouldnt want to do that haha.

No one else helped so i figured i would throw out my idea.

FreeMyMoto!!!

If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

Bhuber09 - Thanks for the suggestion. My son came by today and figured it out -- during the auto upload, the Droid X made a tone sound. I thought that meant it was connected to the Panasonic; what I didn't realize was that the Panasonic was sending a request to the Droid X to download the contacts. My son looked in the Droid Notifications and clicked OK on the request and VOILA! the contacts started downloading. So it was user error - DUH!!

+ Reply to Thread

Ads