Droid X Sync with iMac

This is a discussion on Droid X Sync with iMac within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hey Everyone, This is my first time using a forum of this nature so bare with me... I am trying to convert back to VZW ...

Thread: Droid X Sync with iMac

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droid X Sync with iMac

Hey Everyone,
    This is my first time using a forum of this nature so bare with me...

I am trying to convert back to VZW and the new Droid X from my iPhone because of service issues and the terrible service area of AT&T. My problem is that I only have mac computers and the new Droid X doesn't seem to compatible...

I downloaded "Double Twist", which looks great, but I can't seem to get the droid to "mount" to the Mac. Every time I try to connect it, the message - "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" comes up.

I have all of my contacts synced up with my Google account and think I could get everything to work if the damn Droid would just "mount" to my computer....

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE??????

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    In case you didn't manage to get this going, I went through the same issue, and fixed it by doing the following :

Go to Settings
    Go to Applications
    Go to Development
    Turn on USB debugging
    Then go back out, connect to your Mac, and Doubletwist should see it.
    If not, go under USB connection in the notification area when you're connected, and select USB Mass Storage. Then it should connect (mine does).

Getting Doubletwist to work well is another story though, slow and regular hangups for me...

So do you have to activate your phone before you do all this? My AT&T contract expires on Friday, Aug 6. Since I don't want to trigger AT&T's early termination penalty, I don't want to activate the phone until then. I was able to view what's stored on the Droid X's chip on my PC laptop, but my Mac doesn't recognize the Droid at all. But my PC has a 64-bit operating system on it, and Verizon's software can't install on a 64-bit operating system or a Mac, so I'm starting to wonder whether I'll be able to get the full benefit of this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by tasdevl View Post
    In case you didn't manage to get this going, I went through the same issue, and fixed it by doing the following :

Go to Settings
    Go to Applications
    Go to Development
    Turn on USB debugging
    If not, go under USB connection in the notification area when you're connected, and select USB Mass Storage. Then it should connect (mine does).

Getting Doubletwist to work well is another story though, slow and regular hangups for me...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by tasdevl View Post

Go to Settings
    Go to Applications
    Go to Development
    Turn on USB debugging

X Lurker
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

USB sync

Quote Originally Posted by technomemorydoc View Post
    Yes, thank you etc etc.

Droid X with iMac 10.4.11

Remove Ads

Ads