Notification Sound Not Working

This is a discussion on Notification Sound Not Working within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've left my phone on the default notification sound for a little over a week, and it hasn't failed to go off whenever I got ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Notification Sound Not Working

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've left my phone on the default notification sound for a little over a week, and it hasn't failed to go off whenever I got a text, email, whatever. I had suspected that perhaps eBuddy was causing problems whenever I would run the app, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore as I have run it numerous times.
    I'm now gonna test it with my custom notification that I created a while back, and that I first noticed the problem with. I suspect it might be something to do with the media format, but I'm not sure. If the problem occurs, I'll test the same file in a different format.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

custom notification sounds

You know, I did try to load some 32 kHz wav files as custom notification sounds and just trying to play them crashed the phone to the point I had to do a battery pull. I wonder if the notification sound player is very picky about file format.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So far I've gone a full day using my custom notification, and it's still going off. I even ran eBuddy today and the notification still works. I did however do the 2.2 update today, so that could have something to do with it as well. We'll see how long the notification keeps working though.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry same problem since update

My original phone went in to bootloader with the update. Verizon mailed me a new phone. The first texts I received the " droid" notification worked for texts. as soon as I changed the notification to a different tone now I get nothing. Also my ringtone will not change, stuck on default ring. I reset, pulled battery, powered on and off and no luck.
    Seems fishy new update and then this happens.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ryder442 View Post
    My original phone went in to bootloader with the update. Verizon mailed me a new phone. The first texts I received the " droid" notification worked for texts. as soon as I changed the notification to a different tone now I get nothing. Also my ringtone will not change, stuck on default ring. I reset, pulled battery, powered on and off and no luck.
    Seems fishy new update and then this happens.
    OK found out if I select a factory installed sound it works. Cant use any aftermarket app ringtones. Bull**** I dont want to use any of the stupid sounding factory setting tones. Droid does everything YEAH including irritate the owners of the phone!!!

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you haven't already, I would backup everything on your card and format the card. The fact that the factory installed tones saved on the phone work leads me to believe there's something wrong with the card. Or maybe the format of your aftermarket tones. I've seen instances where a custom tone will just cause the phone to fail to ring. Even if the format works for other tones.

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ryder442 View Post
    OK found out if I select a factory installed sound it works. Cant use any aftermarket app ringtones. Bull**** I dont want to use any of the stupid sounding factory setting tones. Droid does everything YEAH including irritate the owners of the phone!!!
    2.2 fixed most of my problems, stopping using the ****e stock music player solved most of the rest. The only notification problem I'm still having is that I have to reset my email sound every time I reboot. The only other problem I'm having is that when listening to music on headphones the stock music player randomly starts playing random music on top of whatever I'm listening too. Pain in the ass, but whatever, still live the phone.

I'd ditch the stock music player. If that doesn't work, delete some apps. Good luck

X Operative
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registeredYour first Group100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I've noticed that if im setting my ringtones to the ones downloaded by zedge, and if my media volume ( not ring volume) is at silent, text/emails/alerts wont sound off.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    I have plenty of aftermarket tones that I use regularly and never have to reset them. I've never used any other players than stock and WinAmp sorry I can't help out.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have the opposite problem. I want to stop the notification sounds and can't find a place to do it on my Darkslide 4.1 or 4,2. Any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads