Droid X Write-Protected

This is a discussion on Droid X Write-Protected within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hello All, I am attempting to install the new 2.2 update. I can sucessfuly bring up what I think is my SD card by using ...

Thread: Droid X Write-Protected

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droid X Write-Protected

Hello All,

I am attempting to install the new 2.2 update. I can sucessfuly bring up what I think is my SD card by using the USB Mass Storage option. However, when I try and drag and drop the .zip file to the SD card, I get an error message saying that the "device is write protected". Any ideas? THanks!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Bump.

I'm having the same issue with my SD card. I'm trying to upgrade to a larger capacity card. I copied everything from my old sd card to my pc. I can't copy anything to the new card because it says it's write protected. How do I change that?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdonut View Post
    Bump.

I'm having the same issue with my SD card. I'm trying to upgrade to a larger capacity card. I copied everything from my old sd card to my pc. I can't copy anything to the new card because it says it's write protected. How do I change that?
    Try formatting the new card first

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Bump.

What kind of adapter are you using? Sd? USB?
    Some adapters you can"lock"so your flash drive is write protected

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

I formatted the new SD card, but that didn't make any difference.

I'm just plugging the phone into my laptop via usb. I've tried PC mode (driver won't install properly and it won't even mount the card as a drive), and USB mass storage mode. In USB mass storage mode, the PC will mount the SD card as a drive, but its write protected.

Same thing happens with the old SD card - it always gets mounted as write protected on my PC. I've tried 2 different PCs as well.

I ended up just using a work around. I have a microSD to SD adapter and when I use that to mount the microSD card on my laptop I can write to it.

Seems like I should be able to mount the card for read/write when I just plug the phone in via usb though.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    I formatted the new SD card, but that didn't make any difference.

I'm just plugging the phone into my laptop via usb. I've tried PC mode (driver won't install properly and it won't even mount the card as a drive), and USB mass storage mode. In USB mass storage mode, the PC will mount the SD card as a drive, but its write protected.

Same thing happens with the old SD card - it always gets mounted as write protected on my PC. I've tried 2 different PCs as well.
    So your using a simple micro sd to USB adapter?
    Just double check your adapter to see if there is a way to lock it and unlock it

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

I ended up just using a work around. I have a microSD to SD adapter and when I use that to mount the microSD card on my laptop I can write to it. <br><br>Seems like I should be able to mount the card for read/write when I just plug the phone in via usb though.

Remove Ads

Ads