How can you tell if chainfire 3D driver is really loading and working?

This is a discussion on How can you tell if chainfire 3D driver is really loading and working? within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I am trying to play Dead Space, installed the apk and the 1/4Gb of support files, and of course the game would not run. Black ...

Thread: How can you tell if chainfire 3D driver is really loading and working?

X Informant
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs down How can you tell if chainfire 3D driver is really loading and working?

I am trying to play Dead Space, installed the apk and the 1/4Gb of support files, and of course the game would not run. Black screen, faint EA logo, back to desktop. I need a 3D driver. Installed Chainfire 3D Pro V2.8, stock driver. No difference. No matter how you mess with the settings. I have heard from others they are running the game on a DroidX, no problem with Chainfire 3D.

The Dead Space apk that I bought is apparently the only version ported to android. Chainfire ID's it as sonyericsson. For the heck of it, I have tried several different android Dead Space apk files just for reasearch and all of them list the ericsson version of the apk and none of them work at all, with or without chainfire. I see NO difference at all since installing chainfire than before I had installed a 3D video driver.

My phone is rooted and I want to know if this driver is even loading. I can do an lsmod in the terminal and see a few kernel mods, but nothing relative to a video driver. Shouldn't this driver show up as a loaded module. It was considered risky and did have to reboot to complete the install and only works on a rooted phone.

So how can I check if this driver is really loading or not, I do not think that cellphones will run glxgears so what can I use for an accellerated video test to find out?

Any other tips on getting this game to run would sure get you some might good brownie points. Thnx.
    ~Ohmster
    Verizon Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113, WiFi

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads