Issues w/Music Player: Downloading and Transferring files into the player

This is a discussion on Issues w/Music Player: Downloading and Transferring files into the player within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I was wondering if anyone is experiencing a similar problem. I was searching through the forums and could not find anything similar. I have had ...

Thread: Issues w/Music Player: Downloading and Transferring files into the player

X Lurker
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Issues w/Music Player: Downloading and Transferring files into the player

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing a similar problem. I was searching through the forums and could not find anything similar.

I have had the droidX for sometime and the music player has been acting rather strange. All songs (from my computer or the Amazon store) will transfer successfully; however, during play back some songs will have several seconds of another song on my phone. For example, if I was listening to a movement of one of Beethoven's symphonies at some point in the track several seconds of a completely different song would play instead. After about 5 seconds, the original track will resume or skip to the next track. I would estimate a dozen or two songs out of my entire library (approx 10 GBs) will have this strange overlap. My phone is up to date and all apps are functioning normally. This has been happening for a few months. It is not frustrating or inconvenient. It is a little disappointing when I cannot listen to a favorite song without being interrupted.

Any suggestions?? Anyone have a similar problem?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having this same problem. I downloaded the songs from Amazon mp3, and then it started telling my my sd card was full, so I connected my phone to my computer and transferred some of the songs out. I later realized that there was simply an error and my sd card wasn't actually full, but that has no bearing on the issue. After this, I started hearing clips of songs in the middle of other songs. I believe these clips are even from the songs I removed. This isn't limited to the songs that were already in existence, and may, in fact, be limited to the songs I have since downloaded. I just downloaded an album today, and two of the songs have bits of other songs that play in the middle of them. I would love it if someone could help us with this. It is very frustrating.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.2%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Maybe try a different music player or transfer the bad songs to a computer to see if it does it on there. I am not sure if its just the phone, music player or maybe the songs were messed up on the download

X

X Lurker
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that when I can and let you know the results. Any further suggestions would be welcomed.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

music player update

It is has been some time since my first post - I thought I would give and update.

After searching through dozens of reviews and forums, most droid users found double twist/air sync to work well (although air sync is a waste of money and only successful when both the computer and phone are near your wireless router). I have found double twist to work better than the awful verizon media manger and any other syncing program. It is much easier and faster to transfer not just music files, but all media files (i.e. videos, documents, photos, etc.) Your iTunes library is made available for easy transfer; similar to syncing an ipod with iTunes. I have been using it for some months and have not encountered any errors. However, when purchasing media through Amazon Mp3, songs will have "skips" in them. This problem can be avoided by downloading them onto your computer and then synced via doubletwist. It is rather frustrating to continuously downloading and syncing songs manually. Even with the most recent updates for Android, Double Twist, and Amazon Mp3, the problem seems to be occurring - although quite infrequently. Has anyone else found a solution? I am rethinking the whole smartphone arena -- given my plan will end in the upcoming months -- and returning to simpler times - a phone that makes calls, texts, and wakes you up in the morning and an ipod.

Here is the link for doubletwist (you must download the Windows program in order to transfer files).

http://www.doubletwist.com

Remove Ads

Ads