Email certificate fails-org.bouncycastle.jce.exception?

This is a discussion on Email certificate fails-org.bouncycastle.jce.exception? within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I stand corrected. I now have no access to comcast email, regardless of app data wipe or cwr flash of cache and dalvik. Any suggestions? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Email certificate fails-org.bouncycastle.jce.exception?

Agent X
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 3.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I stand corrected. I now have no access to comcast email, regardless of app data wipe or cwr flash of cache and dalvik. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Quote Originally Posted by milski65 View Post
    I stand corrected. I now have no access to comcast email, regardless of app data wipe or cwr flash of cache and dalvik. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I had the same problem with both my comcast accounts at the same time. Not sure what Comcast changed but it's a pain...

Here's what I did to fix the problem.

Deleted the account.
    Add a new account.
    Enter your email and password.
    Select "Manual Setup"
    Select POP3
    I just used the default setting for incoming and out going.
    After I finished with both setting I hit complete and all my mail loaded up.

Hope that helps.
    Tim

Red face Unable to access Comcast e-mail on phone because of "could not validate signature"

I had this same problem and was unable to to fix it with any of the suggestions given. However....the good news is you can download Xfinity's mobile app by going to m.comcast.net You can access e-mail and I like it a lot better....it's more like my real e-mail and has more options. I placed the X-finity mobile app icon on my phone's main screen, replacing the e-mail icon that came with the phone. Now one tap takes me to my Comcast e-mail....and a lot more. I still have the e-mail icon on a different "page" of the main screen, so I can access my other, less used e-mail accounts. I have an Android LG Esteem and Metro PCS. I hope this helps someone with the same problem. Have a great day!

Check the time

The certificate most often fails because your phone's time/date are not correct... If it's updated by the provider, check that it has been, or set it manually. By the time you've cleared all your data and your cache and re-tried, the clock might have been adjusted automatically, so it seems that clearing the data fixed the problem, but that's probably not what happened.

Check security settings in email account

Quote Originally Posted by daveweedy View Post
    The certificate most often fails because your phone's time/date are not correct... If it's updated by the provider, check that it has been, or set it manually. By the time you've cleared all your data and your cache and re-tried, the clock might have been adjusted automatically, so it seems that clearing the data fixed the problem, but that's probably not what happened.
    Get into the settings for your email account, go to incoming settings and then select for the security type (e.g. SSL/TSL) something with "Accept all certificates". Do the same for the outgoing server settings.
    Worked for me.
    The problem seems to be that certain security certificates became outdated and then the email server wouldn't allow a connection.

Thanks for your nice post to teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads