Incompatible Apps

This is a discussion on Incompatible Apps within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hey, i'm running liberty rom v.9 with the latest gingerbread and lately i've noticed that a lot of apps are incompatible in the android market. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By th30n37

Thread: Incompatible Apps

X Lurker
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Incompatible Apps

Hey,

i'm running liberty rom v.9 with the latest gingerbread and lately i've noticed that a lot of apps are incompatible in the android market. like IMDB, Facebook, Friendcaster, Words w/ Friends and more. Anyone know why this is or how i can fix it?! i tried both the phone and web versions. Is it because i'm rooted?! I was able to download some off the amazon market, but not all are available there. Thanks!!!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    From what I have read, it seems like it is a lcd density problem. The new market is being much more strict on what apps are "compatible" with devices now. There are a guides on the internet detailing how to change it back to the stock, clearing the market data, and then restoring the density back to your preferred value.

Today I just went back to the old market version and it took care of the problem. FWIW I'm on Liberty v.8 and the same thing happened on my CM7 Nook Color as well. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more info though.
    pool_shark likes this.

X Operative
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by th30n37 View Post
    From what I have read, it seems like it is a lcd density problem. The new market is being much more strict on what apps are "compatible" with devices now. There are a guides on the internet detailing how to change it back to the stock, clearing the market data, and then restoring the density back to your preferred value.

Today I just went back to the old market version and it took care of the problem. FWIW I'm on Liberty v.8 and the same thing happened on my CM7 Nook Color as well. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more info though.
    I haven't read that. I was trying to download an app yesterday and it said it was incompatible. I just changed the density back to normal and just downloaded the app.
    Thanks a lot.

Edit:
    I also had 9 app updates after the change.
    Last edited by pool_shark; 08-24-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    DX GB .588 OC LV 1.3.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for your replies - much appreciated!!! i never modified my screen density though? Pool_shark - what did you change?!

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    UPDATED - i did some googling and found this app: https://market.android.com/details?id=lv.n3o.lcddensity i set my density to 240dpi from 235, rebooted, cleared market data and now 31 new updates are showing up! Including ones i couldn't update yesterday. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction!!!!

X Operative
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hochoch View Post
    UPDATED - i did some googling and found this app: https://market.android.com/details?id=lv.n3o.lcddensity i set my density to 240dpi from 235, rebooted, cleared market data and now 31 new updates are showing up! Including ones i couldn't update yesterday. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction!!!!
    I changed mine from 200 to 240.
    DX GB .588 OC LV 1.3.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OMG! So helpful! I couldn't download apps and after i fixed my density and cleared the data it's back.
    Thanks so much!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Pretty weak tea that I can't use my desired density setting though ...

I love scrunching as many apps as possible on my desktops and it's pretty sad that I have to blow my screen up like a balloon in order to install and update incompatible apps.

Anyone know of a good workaround?

I'll try using an older market. Does anyone know the most recent market version that won't throw a hissy fit about incompatibility and where to find it?

Thx for any info should someone be able to provide it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by el80ne View Post
    I love scrunching as many apps as possible on my desktops and it's pretty sad that I have to blow my screen up like a balloon in order to install and update incompatible apps.

Anyone know of a good workaround?

I'll try using an older market. Does anyone know the most recent market version that won't throw a hissy fit about incompatibility and where to find it?

Thx for any info should someone be able to provide it.
    Most apps are created and submitted to the market with a screen density in mind (ldpi, mdpi, hdpi and tablet) so when you change your screen density the market reads usually your build.prop and displays compatible apps.

So it's not so much the market it's a combination of you changing your density and the app developer creating the app with a certain density in mind. So even if your market allowed the download the manifest of the app would still call for a certain density ( which you would no longer have)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

Remove Ads

Ads