Please Help!! Not Charging!!!

This is a discussion on Please Help!! Not Charging!!! within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Why wont my phone charge? Ive tried 3 different wall chargers 2 car chargers and various different cords on computers not to mention 2 different ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please Help!! Not Charging!!!

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Please Help!! Not Charging!!!

Why wont my phone charge? Ive tried 3 different wall chargers 2 car chargers and various different cords on computers not to mention 2 different batteries. was running CM7 reverted back to stock to see if it would fix it. Still nothing it actually drains while plugged in. Is it just because its a stupid remanufactured phone from asurion??? if anyone has any ideas I am open for suggestions. fortunately i called asurion and they are sending me an X2 because there arent any DXs availible (cha-ching!) but I would like to know what has cause this problem or if it is just a defect in the phone and it was nothing that I did. it started out fine I only had this replacement after breaking my screen for 2 weeks now trouble started within a week. It wasnt bad at first just had to make sure the cord was in a certin way now it is extremely tempermental and it shows that is charging once I finally hit that sweet spot in the port but it doesn't actually charge!!! I get the (Chargin XX%) in lockscreen and the gage on pulldown menu goes through its motions but it more definately does not charge.

Oh well least Im get an x2 now!! and for free at that! lol but please advise so I can avoid the same issue in the future and for anyone else who might be having these problems as well

SmKmEuP
    Stock 4.5.602 (Formally on CM7 Nightlies which I miss already )

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well if you leave the battery completely discharge the cells and keep doing it every time they just go bad in a short period of time. The type of battery thats in these smart phones like to be on charge and not to let them completely discharge. It is a Lithium Ion battery do some reading on it. It is designed to be on charge over night, this is unlike a normal cell phone battery that will be ruined if you leave it on charge too long. Still I would try not to keep it on charge over night cause the heat causes some damage.

I know I just contradicted my self. These Lithium Ion batteries have no memory so it is ok to partially charge then charge them later on.
    Last edited by K9TF; 08-20-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    I am an old Padawan. I have many lessons to learn from the Jedi Master.

Jim

Now this is the traditional way for DXing.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads