lost half my screen

This is a discussion on lost half my screen within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Help, I think. half my screen just went out; meaning i can see top half the screen, and the bottom has blurred lines (blue on ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lost half my screen

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

lost half my screen

Help, I think.

half my screen just went out; meaning i can see top half the screen, and the bottom has blurred lines (blue on some screens, black on my lock screen).

any help would be appreciated, really don't want to factory reset and half to start all over with new phone

edit: cleared up, then went out again... really didnt do anything to fix it other than pull battery and let it sit out a while. Could this be caused by overclocking, the fact i have an extended battery (BH6X) or? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Really don't want to move to another phone if i don't have to, but WOULD love to get a free upgrade if i can.
    Last edited by goldsmitht; 07-15-2011 at 09:32 AM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Sounds like a hardware issue, if you are not willing to factory reset, then there is not anything we can really do to help. You might have to take it to Verizon. Is you DX completely stock? No mods or any kind?

DroidXForums Guidelines of Conduct
    Show Your Support and Become a Supporting Member Today!

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    Sounds like a hardware issue, if you are not willing to factory reset, then there is not anything we can really do to help. You might have to take it to Verizon. Is you DX completely stock? No mods or any kind?
    i can factory reset, guess might have to, have all the SBF stuff at home to put .340 on and can get it back, but was hoping there was a simple answer.

and second part: nope, rooted, and currently running LIBERTY GB AOSP rom. but like i said, quick factory reset will put it back to froyo, and can probably let it update to GB to make it look legit.

any other suggestions? i have pictures and stuff on card, if i get new phone, should be able to transfer to new phone, or put in computer at home (have card readers)

thanks

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Sounds like a hardware issue, not the rom or bad files on the phone. I put little faith in an sbf solving this, lets hope I'm wrong.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v9

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    Sounds like a hardware issue, not the rom or bad files on the phone. I put little faith in an sbf solving this, lets hope I'm wrong.

the more i play with it, seems like hardware; only half the screen, goes in and out, and the longer it is turned on, the more it comes around. can use it, phone works, but just can't see half the screen

edit: touch screen actually works, and i remember where to touch, that icon will actually work, but other than that, i can't read half the screen.
    Last edited by goldsmitht; 07-15-2011 at 10:05 AM.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Update: got off the phone with my friendly tech, and guess i get a "refurbished replacement that has passed a 100 point test by Motorola"... wonder if i get a "phone-fax" with that? LOL!!!

anyone want to guess if its an X2 or a rebuild?

one quick question: to put it back to factory specs, so i can return it, would a factory reset do the trick (putting it in airplane mode first) or would i need to SBF it back? With the screen, not sure if i can get it to SBF, can't really see screen to do much to it.

thanks for the help!

X Informant
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Cover your butt and do a sbf. That's the only way to.get it back to factory. Factory reset just wipes data...it doesn't change your build and put you back to a vzw/moto build.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Ya what he said ^

X Operative
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsmitht View Post
    Update: got off the phone with my friendly tech, and guess i get a "refurbished replacement that has passed a 100 point test by Motorola"... wonder if i get a "phone-fax" with that? LOL!!!

anyone want to guess if its an X2 or a rebuild?

one quick question: to put it back to factory specs, so i can return it, would a factory reset do the trick (putting it in airplane mode first) or would i need to SBF it back? With the screen, not sure if i can get it to SBF, can't really see screen to do much to it.

thanks for the help!
    Verizon has plenty of refurb X's. You will not get an X2 unless you have multiple exchanges AND you can convince a rep to do it, since that policy has been gone for almost 2 years now.

As far as SBF goes, you really don't need the screen and you can see the important half of the bootloader screen anyhow. I would definitely SBF if you can, as it removes traces of root, etc.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by abqnm View Post
    Verizon has plenty of refurb X's. You will not get an X2 unless you have multiple exchanges AND you can convince a rep to do it, since that policy has been gone for almost 2 years now.

As far as SBF goes, you really don't need the screen and you can see the important half of the bootloader screen anyhow. I would definitely SBF if you can, as it removes traces of root, etc.
    thanks, will hook up tonight and do the SBF.

thanks for all the help, i'll post back to let you know what they send me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads