Inserting pauses and DTMF tones into Voicemail contact

This is a discussion on Inserting pauses and DTMF tones into Voicemail contact within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; So, in my contacts list, I altered my voicemail number to include pauses, and my password, so I don't have to enter it manually when ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inserting pauses and DTMF tones into Voicemail contact

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Inserting pauses and DTMF tones into Voicemail contact

So, in my contacts list, I altered my voicemail number to include pauses, and my password, so I don't have to enter it manually when I dial. When I open the dialer and hold down 1 (voicemail speed dial), the number dials, pauses, and sends the DTMF tones for my password, no problem.

But, when I open up the recent calls list and redial the voicemail number from that list, the DTMF tones aren't sent. It just dials *86 and waits for me to enter my password.

Also, when I open up the Voicemail app and call voicemail from there, it's the same thing. Just *86 and no tones.

The only time the DTMF tones work is when I call voicemail by holding down the 1.

Is there a way to make the phone dial the number with pauses and tones universally, no matter what method is used to dial it?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Home Screen>>Menu>>Call Settings>>voicmail settings

Change it there
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Home Screen>>Menu>>Call Settings>>voicmail settings

Change it there
    It shows up with the pauses and tones in Home Screen>>Menu>>Call Settings>>voicmail settings. Looks like it should be working fine, but it still only sends the tones when calling from speed dial or directly from the contacts list.

When I call from the voicemail app, still no tones. Or even redialing from the recent calls list, no tones are sent.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same problem! I've tried one, two, even three pauses [and then my access code] in the "Home Screen>>Menu>>Call Settings>>voicemail settings" input box. But when I dial voicemail from the voicemail app on my home screen, it just dials *86 --no pauses, no code. Anyone know the solution? Thanks much.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkdog View Post
    Same problem! I've tried one, two, even three pauses [and then my access code] in the "Home Screen>>Menu>>Call Settings>>voicemail settings" input box. But when I dial voicemail from the voicemail app on my home screen, it just dials *86 --no pauses, no code. Anyone know the solution? Thanks much.
    I still haven't found a solution for this. Although, I did find that it dials the pauses/tones properly when checking voicemail from the notifications bar. Still no luck from the voicemail app or redialing from recent calls list.

I ultimately went with Google Voice to handle my voicemail, so I don't even have to call it anymore.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks like yet another in a long list of FroYo update bugs. In 2.1, the pause dialing worked no matter where you initiated it.

How do you report a bug to Verizon directly?

I worked around it by wiping the VM entry in my address book, re-entering it with the pauses and my pin... then using the Motorola quick contact task widget to add it to my desktop. Now I have one-touch VM with pauses and pin.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMikeM513 View Post
    Looks like yet another in a long list of FroYo update bugs. In 2.1, the pause dialing worked no matter where you initiated it.

How do you report a bug to Verizon directly?

This was actually a bug for me before Froyo. Since I moved to Google Voice to handle voicemail, I haven't played with it after the 2.2 update.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads