Trouble emailing pics from Droid X

This is a discussion on Trouble emailing pics from Droid X within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Photobucket app has worked flawlessly for me. Love it. twitter- getsome_122...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trouble emailing pics from Droid X

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Photobucket app has worked flawlessly for me. Love it.

twitter- getsome_122

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane W View Post
    I saw some bad "reviews" in the Market for photobucket. A few said it can't even be uninstalled if you have troubles, or whatever other reason you'd like to remove it. Any truth to this? I'm going to explore Dropbox more (it's on my phone & laptop) and I've had good success with that app. Perhaps, set up a picasa account where I can just send the link to the pic via text message. This will certainly help to preserve battery life and save time vs having to send pics via Share > Email > Send. HOWEVER, while currently looking at picasa in the market on my Droid X (while typing this on my computer) some people are saying picasa won't work with Gingerbread 2.3. Is this relly and issue? Sorry if this info is not of the Droid nature - moderators feel free to move the parts of this thread that don't belong here to the appropriate category.

On a side note - Dropbox works for me and transfers photos/docs to and from my Droid X. However, when I installed it on her Optimus M (android 2.2.1, Froyo, I think) photos transferred from the gallery are not copying to Dropbox on her laptop and, subsequently, cannot transfer to her phone. Any thoughts on this issue. Thank you
    I have never had any issues with Photobucket, I've never needed to uninstall it. I would assume the person who left that comment probably didn't know how to uninstall it and probably kept dragging the icon to the trash can on the home screen.

I've never used picasa, so just download it and try it to see if it works for you. These apps are free and easy to install and uninstall.

I have noticed if I select photobucket from the share option from my gallery app my photo doesn't always get uploaded. So then I go to the Photobucket app and tap the upload button and add the photos I want online that way. Then you can select my albums in the app, menu button refresh and you should see your photos. Then you can select the photo, then menu button and you can share it or 'view links' that you can copy and paste into forums or emails.

As for dropbox that sounds like an issue with sharing between your account and hers. I don't have any experience with sharing because I found shared folders count against the total GB for everyone who shares the files not just the person who uploaded them.
    Lane W likes this.
    ---
    Liberty 3 -- too many roms too little time.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    As for dropbox that sounds like an issue with sharing between your account and hers. I don't have any experience with sharing because I found shared folders count against the total GB for everyone who shares the files not just the person who uploaded them.

Thanks for the feedback Ryan. Dropbox is a really cool app/program. You download it to your computer and create a screen name & password for yourself. THEN, you download it onto your phone & sign in using the screen name and password you just created & the 2 devices are linked to each other. Anything and everything you "drag" or copy into Dropbox on your phone (files, folders, documents, pictures, photos, songs - including URL's you can copy from Youtube - will immediately be copied into Dropbox on your computer & vice verda (a little slower depending on the size of what you are adding). In time you'll discover how much space you need, but to start a 2GB account is free and after that these are the costs: 50GB is $9.99/month and 100GB is $19.99/month. Here's the link: http://db.tt/jBbIKrs.

As your storage increases, you'll be able to figure out what needs to stay in Dropbox & what you can drag to a folder on your computer to free up space. I had nearly 250MB of pictures from her graduating from Graduate school taking up a lot of space of the 2GB free. Until I got home and put them into a file on my computer & now I am only using 77MB or about 3.4% of the free 2GB.

I have it linked to my home computer, laptop and Droid X and it is amazing! My question was about when I downloaded it onto my fiancee's Optimus M (android 2.2.1, Froyo, I think) they'd show up in Dropbox on her computer, but not on her phone. That was what I was inquiring about in my thread. She and I have our own "accounts" and her computer is only linked to her phone.
    Droid X2.....Eclipse .

BIG THANKS to SD_Shadow who has also helped me dig out of a hole

A BIG thank you to GoCliffGo who helped me get Eclipse on my X2

When someone shares something of value with you, from which you
    benefit, you have a moral obligation to share it with others...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads