Dead Droid X...

This is a discussion on Dead Droid X... within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hi all! First time in here...thought I would join up for the great bunch of knowledge on this forum. My DINC died a horrible beer ...

Thread: Dead Droid X...

Dead Droid X...

Hi all! First time in here...thought I would join up for the great bunch of knowledge on this forum. My DINC died a horrible beer death so I grabbed a buddies old DX that he wasn't using to activate on my account and it seems to have an issue as well. When plugged into the wall, all I get is the solid green LED and the phone won't turn on or anything. I pulled the battery and kept it plugged in...solid green LED, still no power up. Tried Power+Home for a hard reset...nothing...any ideas on this thing...also, is the battery cover required for the phone to power up? The water indicator on the phone is fine, but the one on the battery looks to be toast. I was going to try investing in a battery for it, but figured I would ask on here first since in won't turn on plugged in without the battery even. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

DC

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    A new battery sounds like a good idea. Pretty cheap online now. Do you get an empty "where's the battery" looking graphic when you plug it in with no battery? You should. At that point you can insert the battery any get an idea of the charge. Still, get a new one asap!

And welcome!

Liberated V06 Crimson hot oil
    "FEZ aims to create a non-threatening world rich with ambiance,

a pleasant place to spend time in."

Fezrock,
    When plugged into the wall charger with no battery, I get nothing. Dead droid...just a green LED. Phone wont turn on, nor will it respond to any combination of button presses....just a cold dark screen. Same thing happens with the battery in there as well. It just does nothing. Oh and BTW thanks for the fast reply!

DC

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    You can also take it to VZW and have them try a spare battery they have lying around to see if it powers on properly, before purchasing one..

(Swypin' while watching Netflix on the go.)
    Where my time is spent away from the office!

Shouldn't the phone turn on though while plugged into the wall regardless of battery? I will take it to VZW in a few and see what they think.

DC

X Operative
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dcompton73 View Post
    Shouldn't the phone turn on though while plugged into the wall regardless of battery? I will take it to VZW in a few and see what they think.

DC
    Nope

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Well I went to VZW. They tell me I have a brick. He tried a battery they had and no luck. I guess I have waaay to optimistic outlook for this kinda thing. I just don't get how the phone can be simply dead. The VZW guy told me not to waste my $$$ on a battery, but I'm wondering if I should anyway just to see for myself before I ebay it for parts.

DC

Here's a quick update on troubleshooting. While plugged in with battery in, solid green LED phone doesn't get warm. If I plug it in , and unplug it, then plug it in again and get the LED to go out and let it sit with no LED then the phone gets warm like you would expect. I let it sit like this for 40min or so and the phone was nice and warm, but still no life. Any ideas??

DC

X Informant
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 8.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Try booting into bootloader with battery. Hold camera button and volume down while pressing power.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads