Droid X is Completely DEAD

This is a discussion on Droid X is Completely DEAD within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; "Invalid Battery" Please insert a valid Motorola battery. Has anyone else seen this or have this issue? When using the home charger, the device will ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By smalltowngirl13
  • 1 Post By thecta
  • 1 Post By smalltowngirl13
  • 1 Post By movadoevo8

Thread: Droid X is Completely DEAD

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droid X is Completely DEAD

"Invalid Battery" Please insert a valid Motorola battery.

Has anyone else seen this or have this issue?

When using the home charger, the device will power on and I can go about my business as usual, including data and wifi but the battery indicator displays a "?" instead of showing a charging battery.

I left the device plugged in to the wall charger all night and the battery took zero charge. If I unplug the charger the device immediately dies and will not power on.

I've tried:

-removing the battery for a few minutes, replacing the battery, powering on - nothing
    -removing the battery for a few minutes, removing the SD card, replacing the battery, powering on - nothing
    -removing the battery for a few minutes, removing the SD card, replacing both the battery and the SD card, powering on - nothing
    -tried all of these using the wall charger as well, then disconnecting the charger, dead.

I called VZW tech support, they escalated me to a "Level 2" Tech dude, he tried to have me do a factory reset. The device won't allow a factory reset if the battery level is below 25% so that didn't work. We then tried holding the power button and the home button for a Master Reset, both with and without the wall charger - nothing. He then told me to go to the store I bought it at and exchange for a new one...unfortunately we all know there is zero stock on the X right now so I'd have to *pay* for my new one while I wait for it to arrive, then they *refund* the $ back to me. I really, really, really do not want to go through this process...

Does anyone, anyone...have any ideas for me?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Do you have a different wall charger you can try?

Try a local store - never know, you might get lucky. Othewise, call back and ask to talk to a supervisor. I have never been charged for a replacement phone up front - they have said they would not place the charge unless I did not return the phone in 15 days.
    aaronhdtv likes this.
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Operative Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Ugh...sorry to hear about your issue. Where did you buy your phone? Was it from your local store or off the internet from Verizon?
    aaronhdtv likes this.
    Don't just take a trip...go on a journey

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yes, I had the wall charger at my office, the car charger, and the wall charger at home...all 3 do the same thing

@thecta - I bought the phone from a local corporate Verizon store.
    Last edited by aaronhdtv; 08-01-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    I honestly don't know the answer to this - but are the stores carrying spare batteries yet? Maybe a simple battery replacement (one that holds a charge) would then allow further troubleshooting...surely the stores have extra batteries...
    aaronhdtv likes this.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Yeah maybe you just have a defected battery and needs replacement. Have you tried a new battery at all? If not I would try that first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    aaronhdtv likes this.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have not tried a different battery as the issue occurred last night after the verizon store was closed and they don't open for a few more hours this morning....

That said, I found something interesting:

I removed the battery and the SD card, connected the wall charger, and powered the phone on. Everything booted as normal and it displayed the "Invalid Battery" message even though there was no battery in the device. This makes me believe it isn't the battery, but the device itself.

Based on this, if I insert another fully charged battery it stands a good chance to not even recognize it. If so, maybe a Factory Reset or a Master Reset could be performed.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronhdtv View Post
    I have not tried a different battery as the issue occurred last night after the verizon store was closed and they don't open for a few more hours this morning....

That said, I found something interesting:

I removed the battery and the SD card, connected the wall charger, and powered the phone on. Everything booted as normal and it displayed the "Invalid Battery" message even though there was no battery in the device. This makes me believe it isn't the battery, but the device itself.

Based on this, if I insert another fully charged battery it stands a good chance to not even recognize it. If so, maybe a Factory Reset or a Master Reset could be performed.
    Keep us posted! Hope you get it resolved and back to using the phone.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    *UPDATE*

New Droid X being shipped 2nd day air. Will have it in my hands on Wednesday. Thanks for the fantastic customer support, Verizon!

Remove Ads

Ads