Motherboard swap - possible? (Hardware folks, need your input)

This is a discussion on Motherboard swap - possible? (Hardware folks, need your input) within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hi everyone. 1st post here, quick history: been a member of droidforums.net since I got my "OG" Droid @ release. It got a bit long ...

Thread: Motherboard swap - possible? (Hardware folks, need your input)

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Motherboard swap - possible? (Hardware folks, need your input)

Hi everyone. 1st post here, quick history: been a member of droidforums.net since I got my "OG" Droid @ release. It got a bit long in tooth, & TBolt doesn't really float my boat. The X is pretty easily found on the second hand market so here I am.

"Easily found", I say that with a heavy heart. I've bought & sold tons of phones on Craigslist, & committed pretty much the most serious sin of a CDMA phone buyer: I didn't verify the MEID. Guy seemed nice enough & even drove to meet me, & now I see why. Anyhow, I could go on & on about it, but what's done is done.

I purchased another one, & it is kosher. However, the LCD has a few dead pixels that bug me. Ironically, the first phone has a flawless LCD. (By the way, the color temperature of this one is much 'cooler' than the other, I didn't know Motorola sourced different screens. That's another post for the future...)

Please see this picture: http://bit.ly/i04ldY

The center part, the green L-shaped motherboard. Can I just swap these between the phones? I am assuming that this mobo has all the good stuff, most importantly whatever Verizon uses to verify the MEID. I don't want to go the whole 9 & change the LCD screen, & this seems like a pretty easy solution.

Thanks in advance. Am excited to contribute to this forum.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

motherboard swap

I ask the same Q on another site, also at the Motorola site, the answer was the same no, I guess the led and digitizer are different.
    I know it was upgraded in the droid x2. I was going to try it anyway put the x2 motherboard in the droid x, because the droid x is pristine condition, but the x2 is well worn, but works very good. I think in this case you would have to put the whole insides into the driod x to get to work, also the camera button would not be there, because they deleted it on the x2.
    As far as just changing the motherboard, it may be a problem with pixels and resolution being as good if it would even work.
    So I am leaving well alone, and just cleaning up the x2.

Remove Ads

Ads