Please please help me with my ringtones

This is a discussion on Please please help me with my ringtones within the Droid X Help forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've only had the phone for two days and I haven't downloaded any apps for txt messaging. Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please please help me with my ringtones

I've only had the phone for two days and I haven't downloaded any apps for txt messaging.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Technician X
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    While you are in the messaging app. Go to settings. Make sure the notifications box is checked. Then go to Notification Settings to set the ringtone.

Recently I switched from Handcent to Go SMS as my messaging application. You may want to try either one of these as they are superior to the stock app. They also give you more flexibility in setting notifications and other options.
    "Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

I've done thy but the ringtones I have on the phone do lot show up as an option when I try to select a ringtone for my txt messages.

I just downloaded Go Sms and I will test that out now and see how it works....

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Technician X
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Have you created a ringtone folder on your SD card? If not, this is probably the problem. Any ringtones you create or load need to be in this folder for the OS to know where to look. Try this:

There should be a folder on your SD Card called "Media". Inside the Media folder I have another folder called Audio. Inside Audio I have:
    Alarms
    Notifications
    Ringtones

I think simply having a Ringtone folder on your card will be enough but if you wanted to be more organized you can try what is listed above. All of the custom ringtones I have created are in the Ringtone folder and are visible when I'm asked to select a new tone. If you haven't done so already, download Astro File Manager. You can use this to set up the folders. Another alternative would be to hook up using the USB in Mass Storage mode and you can set up the folders from your PC to your phone.

I hope this helps.
    "Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

X Informant
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeJamm57 View Post
    Have you created a ringtone folder on your SD card? If not, this is probably the problem. Any ringtones you create or load need to be in this folder for the OS to know where to look. Try this:

There should be a folder on your SD Card called "Media". Inside the Media folder I have another folder called Audio. Inside Audio I have:
    Alarms
    Notifications
    Ringtones

I think simply having a Ringtone folder on your card will be enough but if you wanted to be more organized you can try what is listed above. All of the custom ringtones I have created are in the Ringtone folder and are visible when I'm asked to select a new tone. If you haven't done so already, download Astro File Manager. You can use this to set up the folders. Another alternative would be to hook up using the USB in Mass Storage mode and you can set up the folders from your PC to your phone.

I hope this helps.
    Im having the same problem where my phone wont recognize my ringtones and notifications with though I have the above poster's setup. I even have rings extended. If I go to alarm or setting up a custom ringtone, my mp3s in notification or ringtones will not be selectable as an option. Only things that appear are my regular music. I have the option to go to files and search for the mp3s on my sd card manually but when setup the ugly default ring will take its place. I know the folders are setup five because if I use ringtone maker or ringdroid then save it in that folder they will appear.

My mp3 files are fine. They play correctly if selected with a player or ringtone maker and I've used them before I had to reformat my sdcard. I just don't know what's going on now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads